Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Day 8 and crazy really bad

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The crazy crap has gone away for the day,it's good to hear that you all don't think I am nuts.When I feel like this it's like ,oh this is so easy ,then all of a sudden it kicks you in the butt and it's crazy time again. Tomorrow has to be better than today was. Thank you all for your help!!!Hope I can return the favor soon!!!
I thought this was supposed to get easier not harder.I am bouncing off the walls and don't know what to do. I think it just might be easier to light up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
A little better. I know this will sound nuts but I am sitting here chewing on a tar bar (you put it on a cigarette) and that made it better No I did not light up and I am bound and determined not too if it kills me.
Best invention of the hour, tar bar then a bowl of mashed potatos. Maybe a nap would do nicely but it's late for that.At least I don't have to worry about gaining weight,so far I have lost 4 pounds since quitting.Thanx for all the support
17 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 8 is Almost over. Hope you rested and feel better.
17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
littlebit, Yesterday I had the same problem. I don't know what happened. It seemed so hard, harder than in the beginning. But I hung tough and today its soooo much better. Like they said we will have good days and bad. We have to hang in there. Pretty soon there will be more good days than bad. Gismo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Littlebit: You LOST 4 pounds? I found them -- and a few more, to boot! See? Now there's a positive in your new non-smoking life right there. I'm with Imallclear -- don't feel ridiculous about whatever you need to do to avoid smoking. Because remember that's what this is all about. You have chosen to be a non-smoker (GREAT decision, by the way). The only way to remain a non-smoker is to NOT SMOKE! Continue to make that great choice one moment at a time. You're doing better than you think. Give yourself a hand for the progress you've already made and will continue to make. Keep the faith -- and the quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's the addiction making you crazy. It's really working it's magic on you. You have to resist lighting up. If you have to cry...scream....kick...anything but light up. You need a distraction. Make some tea, go for a walk...do you have any hard candies you can suck on? Can you just take a quick nap? You have to find something to do...you are probably bored and don't know what to do with yourself. Find something to do and distract, distract, distract. Remember, you are training yourself how to be a non-smoker...how to live life without smoking....your on your journey and going through heck week...it's got bumps in the road....just hold on to your determination that got you this far and ride out the bumps...we need to get you through heck week. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
littlebit, how did you get through last week? We need to get serious here. This is a big monster we are fighting. It takes everything we've got. Get tough. A crave will pass, if you let it. Get away! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gnawing on a tar bar?? think you're nuts?? I think you're beating that nicodemon. I don't care if you chomp on a log as long as you don't give in. You're one tough cookie! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: