Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Ooh Im strugglin

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, Just wanted you to know that whether you realize it or not, just posting with what you're going through helps others. We don't feel alone. So please don't wait to post. Don't do this by yourself. Let's all do it together. Linda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, You know how the first few days are....you've made it through them before...They are not easy. Are you using any NRT's or medications. If not, maybe consider going to the store and researching them. Yes, this is also a great distraction. Look at my stats.....in just two weeks, I have not smoked over 300 cigs....300 CIGS!!!! That almost makes me want to get sick thinking if I hadn't quit, I would have smoked those puppies...Your doing the right thing by quitting. Your in the battle of your life with your addiction, but you have such an army behind you, you can win this. One week, one day and even one minute at a time. Let us know how your doing in an hour or so.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang Tough. I find that sometimes a good growl helps me b/c I'm in fight'n mode. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's not just a cliche': every minute, every hour, every day. If when you have a craving (even if it's all the time), let's say you wash your car instead. Then you have avoided smoking a cigarette during that time. You would have probably been miserable (you wanted a cigarette and the last thing you wanted was to wash your car), but you were successful in accumulating smoke-free time. It's not about stepping into a new lifestyle. It's about fake it till you make it stuff. It's about not smoking, perhaps by initially filling your time with smoke-free activities (it may feel like wasted time). Then when once your physical addiction has backed off, THEN you can decide what area of your personality you want to accentuate to reflect your smoke-free life style. Just a thought. I'm with ya. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is so difficult and we can relate to what you are going through! If you EVER have a craving come here and post..wait for the posts to start rolling in and by the time you finish reading all of the uplifting, supportive responses your craving should have passed.. If not post again..post, post, post.. You'll NEVER be alone! Another idea is to throw in a movie, a mindless one (concentration is poor I know..) and then have your crave cart close by and chow down! The bottom line is we're here for you, we're all in this together! One minute, one hour, one day at a time. [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/polarbearhug.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Super -- gotta agree that violence might not be the best approach -- I hate to think what my buddy dunedude had in mind with his 55-gal drum! The imagination runs wildly out of control on that one --- Super, it can't be over in one day, or even one week. The trick, in my small experience, is to accept the process for what it is; something with no real finish line. (Unless, I guess, if you go to Helsinki.) (Sometimes I just crack myself up.) All these wonderful people who go for SOOO long without a cigarette and then light up again MAY have been thinking that they crossed an invisible line. I don't think there is such a thing; or if there is, it moves a little farther away every day. Embrace the process, ride the craves, keep adding whatever you need your bag of tricks, and let us know how we can do a better job of supporting you. It's not fun, but it's not deadly, either. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
<<<<--------Is rolling his 55 gallon drum your way!!!!!!!! Super, you are going through it. You made it to 5-6 days before ...you know what it is all about..the quit! You can do it! it's been proven! Take a deep breath, I mean suck in hard and fast when you have an urge, Then let it out, out as slow as you can manage. It worked for me. I want to say more but I want this to get fired off to ya asap--kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
How ya doing Super? Keep reading or get away from it for awhile....take a walk...If that isnt your thing...Take a nap!! Just dont take drag!! I hope you are doing fine.....I have to sign off for a bit...I didnt want to leave till I saw you were chill..I will be thinking of ya!--Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Right on!!! I am soo glad to hear from ya! I am glad you are still around, abeit, flying under the radar. Congrats on one week! It truly is a great acheivement....and there is many more coming..IE:2 weeks, 3 weeks, 3weeks one day...you get the picture. I'll rest easy, tonight thanks for checking in! I really have to launch IM more...I'd like to catch ya on that some time.--Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Are you still around super? I am very concerned for you. I wish/hope I could help you through it, and if you didnt make it...come back and give it a go again, you can do it! Maybe you need the patch or mood drugs (like me,and others) to help you get through, talk with your doctor he/she will be happy to help you, truly happy. If you think there is a stygma based on taking help aids to quit vs cold turkey..dont worry about it...the common goal is the quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: