Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

I my own words

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sparky, sorry to hear that you are back with old nick, just remember that we are here for you, and that in 3 weeks you will succeed. One day at a time lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 203 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$113,512.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 7

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, this is probably some pretty unorthodox advice but I would suggest that you not hold back or try to cut back - smoke or don't smoke. If you smoke just a few a day they can seem too alluring and you'll spend the next three weeks on the edge of withdrawl while not smoking enough to really remember how much you actually hate to be a smoker. Don't forget that none of us can balance on the edge of our addictions. We are either up to our level of nicoteine saturation or we can have none. We can't cut back forever. Keep on reading the whole time about the health risks and the 25 reasons not to smoke, etc. Keep some notes about how much you dislike smoking. Try to remember that statement that while you smoke you want to quit and while you are quit you want to smoke. The only problem with that statement is that while you smoke, you will ALWAYS want to quit, but while you are quit you will eventually be happy you don't smoke. All the old time quitters on here will tell you that's true. Sparky, you just about had it this time. You'll make it next time, I bet. I know it is hard to maintain the perspective that things will get better but they absolutely will. I hope that is helpful in some way, QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, In any sort of recovery there is a saying that if your're not done, you're not done, and there is nothing anyone else can do to help you if you're not done. So maybe you're not done yet, but I know you will be. I have certainly been where you are, just please don't leave your requit so far in the future that you let it go like I did for several years, ok? {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $157.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, My heart goes out to you! I know you've given this fight your best! And when you are ready , we will be here! Hugs, Debboe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky - We love ya...and we're here whenever you need us. Don't go away. Keep posting....You lost your quit...you didn't lose your friends. It's been a rough patch for ya I know...and we will be here to help you jump back on the wagon whenever you are ready. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, you are one strong lady, because you keep coming back to fight the fight. I know you'll never give up!!! This is one tough addiction we face, and every ex-smoker is just one puff away. You know you've got a lot of support here and a lot of friends too! We'll be here for you. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for Saprky she is lovely I dont want this to get lost down below please send her a note ALL of you! Phil
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why 24 days from now??? Why not now??? Today's a new day! Why wait another 24 days to start on your road to freedom again?!?! You put nicotine back in your system, yes, but the more you put in, the harder it will be to quit later! And will you REALLY come back in 24 days??? What if that next cigarette that you smoke is the one that causes your cells to mutate and become cancerous? Is that a chance you're willing to take with your LIFE?!?! Think about it... please, don't wait another 24 days... the freedom from smoking is waiting for you NOW! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 374 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1544.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky I am sorry that you lost your quit but I know that you can do it again. You continue to be a BIG inspiration to me. I love reading your posts! I can't wait to see you in 3 weeks. We are all here for you! ~Valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky don't ever quit quitting One day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 146 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $584 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: