Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Bad Craving

17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The craving you are talking about...are the ONES that have ALWAYS *broke* my quit in years past! And, the worst is YET to come!! Next week, you will be thinking like I did..."I THOUGHT the longer I go with NO cigarette, the EASIER it gets...NOT!". But, it DOES get easier after the *end* of the second week...I MADE it through it THIS time, and it is what MADE me a *quitter* this time! I had prayed so very hard for God's help through it THIS time, because I KNEW without HIM...I would NEVER win! Well...I kept praying through the HARDER times, and His *help* was *fixing it* so I had NO choice...I was FLAT broke, my sister was broke, and I know NO one else to ask to *borrow* the money for smokes, so...I AM a NON smoker...AT LAST! I have always said that IF they would quit SELLING cigarettes...I COULD quit (because I'm too *chicken* to get them ILlegally, LOL)! Well...GOD put me in a position that I had NO other choice, and I am SOOO happy that he did! I still have those *fleeting* urges...but, I can divert my focus on something else...like my birds, and the urges are *just* fleeting, as pass easily & quickly! NOT meaning to *preach*...but PRAYER DOES WORK! I AM a NON smoker...AT LAST!!! Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 819 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freebird, It's good to let it all out amongst friends here, isn't it? I'm sure that it was this place that kept me sane at the beginning. Still does!! Stick with it Freebird, the cravings will get less with time! Hang on in there! Hope you're planning a nice little rewards when you reach the end of hell week. Go on, you deserve it. :) Hope you're already feeling a bit better. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 912 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today, freebird? Hope things are going better for you. Pop in and let us know. We're all in this together! ;) Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$42,951.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 23

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kids are a great distraction, aren't they? Good job! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freebird, Never be afraid to post here instead. We'll help you through your cravings. That's what we are here for. Glad to see distractions are helping. Don't forget to reward yourself for overcoming this craving. Sometimes, physical activity also helps to rid yourself of the nicotine related anxiety. Hang tight! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 6, worst craving I have had all week. This bites. Had a little dizzy spell and felt like my blood pressure jumped at the start of the craving. Started to settle down now and seems to be fading away. Just thought I would come on here and relieve some of the craving. Went outside and got some fresh air, but still feeling it. Any how just rambling as I go through this knowing it will pass in a bit and reading other posts about cravings and how other people got through them. Being able to read and post on this site sure helps alot. Sorry if I am just typing random thoughts, but hope everyone understands. Thanks for letting me rant a little. As people seem to call it, hell week is almost over heading into heck week. Freebird ~'~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 203 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Thanks Lady, Feel better already. Grabbed my kids and did a small puzzle with them. Instead of wanting smoke, I did something with them. That alone feels better than going outside for a smoke. Freebird ~'~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 204 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
It's all good this morning. Went out cut grass, have tons of energy. That fresh cut grass smell is abundant, probably because my sense of smell is getting back to normal. If this is what comes without smoking, then the craves will be easier to get through knowing what lies in the days,months,years ahead. Freebird ~'~ PS Thanks for all that replied with good advice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi freebird - Distractions are magical! Stay busy and focused on ((anything)) other than the crave ~ and time will take good, loving care of you :) Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 211 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $981.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freebird, Rant away that is why we are here. Take some really deep breaths. Sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. Go for a walk, distract yourself. Whatever it takes, just don't smoke. You are doing great. Hell week is almost over and you've come too far now. You wouldn't want to start all over again. Hang in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 456 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1596 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: