Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Rough day but not sure what it is

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let the emotins be it will be a therapeutic and have a cleansing healing effect on you..people deal with withdrawal in different ways some people binge eat like me so let it out and you will be ok!!
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your responses, well today is another day and MUCH better. I hate feeling out of control with my emotions, I am very emotional but to have no control is not good when I am also a control freak....lol. Livadia - hearing what you have gone through too helps me also. At least I know no control won't last forever. I should feel blessed because I have had a pretty easy time with this quit. I remember my other quits and gave up once I started this crying thing. Thanks for you thoughts. Josie - you are right it is ok to cry but man oh man when you do nothing but cry it's hard to get through, but I did and you all have helped me do that...thank you. Shaila - I did let it out ALL day long...lol...I finally went for a VERY long bike ride last night after it cooled down and I think that also helped. Last time I had a crying fit I kept telling myself it was ok but it wasn't near as bad as this one. I really think is was cleansing and healing because I feel better this morning. Kerin - wow...that was a very intense day for you. I am so glad we have both gotten through these rough times. Thanks for thinking of me and letting me read your post and now all I can say is WE ARE AWESOME GIRL for getting through this and staying tough....whew, that felt good. You are doing so well and you will start to look forward to things, it's hard when we are in that down place but as you said they pass. We leave for Hawaii in approximately 6 weeks and I am really starting to look forward to it, I hope you do too. Thanks for your support. Cybrduke - lol....that is so darn cute and I needed that. I am sure it took you a while to get that "something" out of your eye. It's just really nice to know that we are not alone in these very trying times. You know maybe it was a mourning of some sort but I didn't even really want a cigarette, I just cried and for no apparent reason, maybe it was helping wash out the rest of the nicotine...oh heck I don't know but as the you said it has passed. Thank you for your response and for thinking of me. You all mean so much to me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 584 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok so I wasn't going to post but have just been reading and answering some posts. I haven't started to many discussions just been more involved in the ones that are already here. I am having a REAL sh@t day. Can't seem to quit crying but the thing is I am not sure of why. First I got back Sunday from going home to see family (I was fine then), second I went off the patch yesterday (but I am on Wellbutron)sooooooooooooooooo is this a withdrawal symptom or am I just craving home and family. I don't really even want a cigarette, have thought about them a few times today but it's not a huge thing. In the past when I have quit cold turkey I know CRYING was a big part of my withdrawals....so what the heck is going on with me. I hate CRYING ALL THE TIME. My quit support person has been great today but nothing helps....just the tears and more tears....ok he77. Now I am rambling...so what am I asking....I have no idea. Guess I just needed to vent and cry some more. Thanks for listening.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Bonbon, I know where you're coming from... That was me two days ago... Crying and sobbing and no idea why, except *everything* seemed hopeless. I'm not on the patch or using Wellbutrin. I am using Nicorette, but it's not as if I have been chewing appreciably more or less of it lately. I am convinced it's a chemical thing, as in my Serotonin levels are all messed up -- a by-product of years of smoking -- and it's just a phase I need to grin and bear through as this quit progresses and my body heals. However, I was so "down in the dumps" I seriously gave thought to making an appointment with a doc to get some anti-depressants to get me through this. All I can say is I know what you are going through. It's awful. Hopefully, this too shall pass. Soon. Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$43,150.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 754 Hours: 13

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BonBon, I hope you are feeling better today. I know exactly how you feel,and had the same emotions last week. Just want to let you know you are not the only one wondering what the heck is going on with them. It seems to help me to know I am not alone. This is my post from last thursday titled day "24 why do I feel so bad?" Hi all, Day 25 on Zyban. I have not been doing so well. I promise I have been trying to distract myself and think positive thoughts,but I think I might be driving myself crazy. I have been feeling this way the past couple days,Tried to ignore it,but broke down last night. I didnt smoke but I still feel like crying this morning. It was hard for me to even get online to post this,I dont think I can truly express how I feel though writing,but will do my best and hope it makes sense. I guess I am really confused. I feel depressed and have never fealt this way before ever. I have always been an emotional person but,have been able to control them. It seems I am no longer in control of my emotions. I am having crying fits for no reason. I am easily frustrated,and am afraid I am scaring my husband and dogs with my behavior. By the way he has been very suportive and his quit seems to be going good. I am jealous of him for that. And that also frustrates me. I sometimes wonder if it is the nicotine withdrawal or zyban side effects. It is such a gray area in my oppinion. I also think that maybe I underestimated what I was getting into(my first quit),and that I should not try to handle such a stressful part of my life now without nicotine.I know that may sound like a junkie thought,but unless your in my shoes.... I also am fighting the dissapointment in myself for even having thoughts of giving up. I do not want to ruin my husbands quit. I have thought about trying a patch or gum,but do not want to put nicotine back in my body after 24 days. I also have a fear of failure We spent $300 on this medication. My husbands brother in-law (A doctor)prescribed it for us. I am embarrassed to tell his sister and him that I am not doing well on it. Hubby already told them we were doing OK. I also get mad at myself for telling neighbors and my best friend I quit. And sometim
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Men don't cry so that didn't happen to me right about 35 days into my quit. I actually had something in my eye. Yeah, that's what happened.... I can relate is what I'm saying. I got depressed when i realized I had actually quit. Imagine that. Once I knew for sure I wasn't going back to smoking, I had to mourn the loss of that habit. Is that what's happening to you? Is it dawning on you that you're not going back? It will pass and you'll feel great soon. I took a long nap when it happened to me. Made me feel a lot better. Talk to the doc if you need to as well. Good luck. I'm thinking about you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 162 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$99,952.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9154 Hours: 5

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bon, It is ok to cry and let it all out! You need some you time and some time to collect yourself. Relax yourself every night before bed and ease into your sleep. Let us know how your doing and start fresh in the morning :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: