Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Wellbutrin

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jerlasvegas - how long were you on the Wellbutrin before you quit smoking? I was wondering if it caused you to gain any weight. I'm curious because I took it for some time before I quit, and I noticed a weight gain almost immediately. Now that I've quit, I can attribute the subsequent gain to not smoking, since I can't seem to keep my hands still. But I am wondering if weight gain is a possible side effect. I quit 3-1/2 years ago, using Zyban, the same as this time, and had completely different side effects. I didn't gain that time, and was so proud of it. It took me a lot longer to quit this time, once I started taking it - that's about the only difference. If you're using it to quit smoking, there's absolutely no way to determine the exact reason for gaining, if you do. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used welbutrin for depression for several years and I "smoked like a chimney on a cold winter night" as my granny says. Didn't have any effect on me at all. Then a few years later that same med was prescribed for quitting smoking and I quit with very little cravings at all. What was the difference between the two times I took it? ME!! I was the difference. One time I was not ready to quit and the other I was not. You are quitting jerlasvegas! You are doing it!! Not the Welbutrin. Welbutrin is just a little pill, it has no consience thought. It could care less if you smoke a cigarette or smoke a ham sandwich. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with you Mama...no nicotine to me is "cold turkey". Keep up the great work JerLasVegas and stay strong. Remember N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) Darcy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 517 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know Jerlas Vegas, but what matters is that you are not smoking, keep up the good fight, you are doing well. One day at a time Marie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well you are quitting Jer so good for you. No i dont think its cold turkey, i have done cold turkey. I am on Zyban (another name for Wellbutrin) - I dont say that i am going cold turkey, which is why when you sign in, cold turkey is one option, zyban is another? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I consider "cold turkey" to mean without any nicotine. That is the important thing, you don't have any nicotine in your body! Congrats. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$74,921.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6522 Hours: 16

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Tina! Personal motivation is a key determinant of success when attempting to modify your behavior as it does not happen overnight, it requires a commitment and hard work. Danielle ______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the advice everyone. You are right tina, it is about me and when I am ready. And for you 8/1 will be when you are ready. I am glad that you set a solid quit date and that you are preparing for it. Keep chatting in here with us, we want to help you when your date comes and help you until then get ready for it!! I quit smoking on July 6, 2006 at 6:00pm. It has been 1 week, 16 hours, 3 minutes, and 34 seconds since I quit. Had I not quit smoking, I would have: * Smoked 153 cigarettes (That's like smoking a 51 foot long cigarette) * Spent $32.82 on cigarettes * Inhaled 1.53 grams of tar * Inhaled 122 mg of nicotine (That's like doing 2,301 hits of nicotine) * Inhaled 1.69 grams of carbon monoxide * Taken an additional 22 hours, 41 minutes, and 42 seconds off my life
  • Quit Meter

$16,439.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 903 Hours: 14

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Casey. Nicely said. You are right that it doesn't matter how we quit, the important thing is that we stay away forever. I am well on my way. I can't do it without this support group though. Thank you all!!! I quit smoking on July 6, 2006 at 6:00pm. It has been 1 week, 6 minutes, and 46 seconds since I quit. Had I not quit smoking, I would have: * Smoked 140 cigarettes (That's like smoking a 47 foot long cigarette) * Spent $29.98 on cigarettes * Inhaled 1.40 grams of tar * Inhaled 112 mg of nicotine (That's like doing 2,101 hits of nicotine) * Inhaled 1.54 grams of carbon monoxide * Taken an additional 20 hours, 43 minutes, and 44 seconds off my life
  • Quit Meter

$16,439.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

No one has responded to any of my posts regarding my taking Wellbutrin for depression. So since I am taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft for depression, does quitting smoking not count as cold turkey? I quit smoking on July 6, 2006 at 6:00pm. It has been 6 days, 20 hours, 31 minutes, and 19 seconds since I quit. Had I not quit smoking, I would have: * Smoked 137 cigarettes (That's like smoking a 46 foot long cigarette) * Spent $29.34 on cigarettes * Inhaled 1.37 grams of tar * Inhaled 109 mg of nicotine (That's like doing 2,057 hits of nicotine) * Inhaled 1.51 grams of carbon monoxide * Taken an additional 20 hours, 17 minutes, and 10 seconds off my life
  • Quit Meter

$16,439.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: