Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,661 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

A new day for Mama

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE Mama! I am so proud of you for going back to your quit. I enjoy reading your posts, so i am glad (from a purely selfish point of view) that you have stuck with your commitment to quit. Hopefully with the patches, you will have an easier time of it this time around.
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OHHH Mama I am so sorry to read that you slipped-in fact i saw it today in the other post-i too have almost given in--read my parsley time :blush: I am also so glad that you so short after decided to join a new quit.. WELL DONE!! I am as you have done exactly the same--started a quit -and then have one etc.. I have a VERY SIMILAR lifestory as yours.. I was basically introduced to cigarettes by own family.. smoked 26 years 30-45 a day. HEAVY Do not give up.. I know exactly what you are thinking when this happened as i too have SLIPPED!!! ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 574 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama - thank YOU. Thank you for your willingness to put yourself out there. Thank you for your insightfullness, your honesty, and your humor. Thank you for sharing your struggle, and making me hold on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I made it today without smoking and I tell you what, my youngest son had the idea of trying out a new church this morning and it was the best idea he ever had. I feel sooooo much better. This church has a very active and large singles group that was pretty much all women my age! and just getting some positive word and worship was sooo good for me! Also after church we went out to lunch and then I hung out with some of my new friends for a couple of hours and so I was around non smokers all day and away from home. With the patches, the cigs in the others room have a much quieter voice. Anyways, about the slip. I think that I still gained some things from those 16 days and they are not wasted effort. I have learned some good coping skills and I have a little more experience dealing. I think it was a bad idea for me to go cold turkey. I am just beginning to get more confidence that I might make it after all. Thank you for all your post and answers and thoughts. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$74,964.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6526 Hours: 7

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you BF, I liked a bunch of those! Well, the ladies showed me a lot of scripture yesterday that I am going to be studying all week. Isn't that great! I am so shocked that anyone cared! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$74,964.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6526 Hours: 7

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Mama, I see that you posted that you go to church. I thought maybe you may like this for a print out. It helps me with my quit and many other things in life. In fact, I've had to go back and revisit this list over the last 2 or 3 days ... seems I had forgotten some important ones. Take care of yourself Mama. You have what it takes to beat this addiction. You do. [quote]God, grant me the Serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the Courage to change the one I can, and the Wisdom to know it's me." 1. Faith is the ability to not panic. 2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry. 3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day. 4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. 5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so God can untangle the knot. 6. Do the math. Count your blessings. 7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts. 8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me. 9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted. 10. Laugh every day: it's like inner jogging. 11. The most important things in your home are the people. 12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional. 13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open. 14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry. 15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead. 16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments. (Like the saying: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but the number of times your breath is taken). 17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise its just hear-say. 18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure you flush when you are done. 19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The great goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk taking. Learn from the turtle--it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck. 20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. 21. Feed your faith and your doubts will s
  • Quit Meter

$54,519.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 23

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are welcome Mama. You have a good day. I'm including you in my prayers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$54,519.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 23

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama - Welcome to your New Quit!!! Of course you learned from those 16 days - in fact, they will support your new Quit :) Stay strong and post often... Congratulations on your New Non-smoking Life and your New Friends!! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,711 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $492.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You deserve a star Mama, I'm so happy for you. With new non smoking friends will make all the difference. Now you're on the right path, build up your confidence, and be positive that will take you a long way..and don't forget to be determined. Glad you got on the non smoking stage coach, so get ready for the journey of your life. I know the patch will really help you. As I told you before, I couldn't have done it without them. Keep your guard up, and stay busy. Maybe you and your new friends could do somethings together... Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,771 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$230,004.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 17

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, I commend you for getting back up on the quit wagon and for having the courage to admit your mistakes, reset your meter and start over. No, those 16 days are not lost because you have learned a great deal from them. Take what you have learned and beat this addiction once and for all! Congratulations on coming back a winner! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 233 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $962.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: