Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

2 years quit today

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
IMO, I don't think it matters what road we take, just as long as we get there. Congrats on your 2 years! Lookin' Good! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$54,496.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 13

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JBOB, Have added to Josie's earlier thread, but I'll say it again CONGRATULATIONS on 2 fantastic years! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �780 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on 2 years! Whatever it takes a person to quit is exactly the right way to go about it. Its all personal. Woohoo on 2 years.....to many many more [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lets just face the truth. Nicotine is a drug and smokers are addicted to it. With this addiction there grows an overpowering dependence on it. Once we have the courage to admit that we are addicted to a drug called nicotine the next step is convincing ourselves that we have to break the addiction. Quitting is no easy task even for the strongest of minds. From experience both ways I found that quitting cold turkey was the most effective way of me quitting. Before I had tried patches but they only proved to be an alternate source for my nicotine addiction. They just kept the drug in me, which gave me a good feeling about myself of not actually smoking, but in reality I was still getting the drug, I was still hooked. Cold turkey is not to be taken lightly. Be prepared to lose all your friends. Be prepared to put yourself in agony and to be tormented as your body demands a fix. Yes, at this point you are really suffering and then you know that you really are an addict. Here is what separates the quitters from the rest of the crowd. You have to have a strong mind that will take control of the body and force it to quit. The patch helps you to quit smoking by reducing your nicotine withdrawal symptoms but you are still getting the drug. To me logic says that a patch only prolongs the physical dependency. That's why most people give up and fail. Simply put, the process takes too long and the body is weak and nicotine has a long memory. It's presence will stay with you and tempt you every chance it gets. Now we're back to mind over matter. No matter which way you decide to quit, you have to stay focused and force yourself to quit. Either way it's going to be a long and hard row to hoe and it boils down to how committed you are in quitting. I have been quit for two (2) YEARS today and I have no regrets and yes, I did get back the friends I lost and lost the weight I gained and gained my life back and that makes me a winner. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 730 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2920 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 136 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$29,519.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9838 Hours: 10

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jbob, Thank you for sharing! I started a celebratory thread for this morning before I saw your post, hope you don't mind. Your post was insightful and honest and I hope others can learn from your experience. Congratulations on a great job! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: