Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

30 years on

18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AWESOME! ty ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joluvshugs, Nescarfan, Philip, & Christine Thanks for your kind words - hope it might of struck a chord with somebody. It's meant to reflect how I felt at the beginning of the year, before I 'divorced' the NicoDemon. Philip, You're right about the talking horse! The real Mr Ed does come from LA / So Cal - I only THINK I'm Mr Ed! Peter ;p
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Somebody suggested that I should attempt to write about my smoking / quit experiences in order to counteract any cravings. (The writer does not accept responsibility for the poor quality of his work) Met you in the Spring of '73 Regent's Park London Happy and Free I was 15 years old and couldn't be wrong You made me feel big You made me feel strong 'I can take you or leave you' I used to say 'And we both know that I'm gonna Move on one day' As we got older I needed you more But living with you Was no fun anymore You made me feel trapped Like a fish in a net You made me look back Look back with regret I was only 15 - didn't know it was wrong Can't believe you're still with me 30 years on Mr Ed :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,765 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �690 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you Mr Ed, reading this put a smile on my face. I was actually in the midst of some tough time , ready to handcuff myself and put some current in between my ears to shockwave the nicodemon voices. :) na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like that a lot! Good Job!
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed: Made me reflect on the past here a little bit - when you're a teenager you sure think you got the world by the *&@#%$&!!!! It's hard work to reinvent ourselves as responsible, adult non smokers. Tell you what we have left now -- the foundation to build a healthier better life for ourselves. Ain't it great??? Thanks for the post Mr. Ed CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed, Wow, you hit the nail right on the head. That is how innocent it all starts out. Believe me I know..The poem is beautiful and I thank you. See you at the beach in 8 days.... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $451.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mr. Ed I didn't know the talking horse was from Regent's Park? I always thought of that horse as being from LA or some place in southern California?????? This poem is great. You are doing an awesome job and your support and care for the quitters here is wonderful. Keep going you to shall be free. Out of the net, the trap. You will fly and soar with all the other long time quitters! Cheers Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice one Ed, allways knew there were funny goings on in Regents Park! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Ed, Your words ring so true for many of us. Thank you for putting pen to paper. Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: