Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

cant sleep

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bambi, When you first quit or cut down, you may find it difficult to sleep as long as you used to. Two things can cause this are: As a smoker your sleep may have been interrupted by constant coughing and/or difficulty breathing. When you stop smoking, your body gets healthier and the sleep you get is more restful. So if you wake up suddenly at 5:00 a.m., you may think you are a victim of insomnia. You're probably not! Your body has probably had all the sleep it needs. Smoking drains your body's energy. When you quit smoking you regain this energy. You may need fewer hours of sleep. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Try making sure you have a regular sleeping schedule. If you wake up in the middle of the night do some light stretches, or read a book to help you get to sleep. I do not believe that the ache in your legs are due to withdrawal, but if this symptom continues, please consult your doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have just got up, it is 2 am here in England and i just cannot sleep, my legs ache so much i just want to pull them off my body. I have never had this problem before. I havn't used NRT since i forgot to put my patch on Thursday morning,is this withdrawal? I have made myself a cup of tea and got myself some chocolate, well i need comfort food at the moment. My son has left his pack of cigs next to the computor, no i dont want one i was just saying. I think i will go back to bed and see if sleep comes any easier now,i feel a bit better for having a moan; good night all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bambi... early in my quit when I had problems sleeping I would take Tylenol PM. Kind of took the edge off and helped me get some much needed rest. I didn't take them every night for fear of being hooked on them. But I did use them from time to time. Maybe that would help. Just be careful. You don't want to replace one addiction with another. No matter what... No smoking allowed. You can do it regardless of what comes your way. Keep up the great quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1004.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bambi, I hope you can get some sleep. Perhaps some warm milk or decaf tea? Sometimes when I can't sleep I just get up and read for a while. Don't touch those smokes! If they really tempt you, douse them with water. I'm sure your son will understand. Rusty
  • Quit Meter

$54,964.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 0

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: