Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

The Testament of Wills

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
funk, Thank you for sharing your story with us. We are always here for you. Right now you may feel like you are on an emotional rollecoaster. So hang on tight and enjoy the right. Not everyday will be great, there will be some bad ones and that's okay. As long as you have your support system and your coping mechanisms, you will do just great. Stay strong, Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Funk on resisting. I still get the craves quite a lot but I get a big kick on beating them, a much bigger kick than I would get from a stinky old cancer stick. All I can say is bring it on you craves - you are de-feet-ed OK. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I loved this line : I am an ex-smoke.[i]Text[/i] Sounds kind of cool... You know, I keep seeing these people who have quit for 20 or 30 or 40 days post that they are having this terrible horrible day and want to kill everyone and also promise that they won't smoke. It makes me think that it may be somehow occurring in cycles. I wonder if anyone has studied the patterns of quitter. Patch / Cold Turkey / wellbutrin / etc. I haven't had any bad days so far and wonder why. I get a feeling like I would like to smoke a cigarette once in a while but, I just say nah.. like I do when I crave fast food or rich deserts. Glad you feel better.. :) Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 322 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your damn right, I am an ASH KICKER! I am proud to be one also. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
I realize that was the worsst day of my life, but it was the best thing that could of happened to myself and my family. It is for my son I quit. It is for my wife I quit. It is for myself I quit. Thank you for all the wonderfull support, you people rock! Stay strong and free all. ~Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 417 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
yesterday had to be the worst day of my life. From my violent mood swings, to delerium-induced laughter, it was a day nightmares are made of. i even told my wife I wanted a divorce (though that is not what I seek). Good thing I have a kick-ass wife, she rocks. I also got a pimple in my ear (if you never had one imagine searing pain going from your eardrum through your chin into your temple). I just kept saying I need to go to sleep and this madness will be over. When I went to sleep, my 1 and 1/2 year old son woke me, bless his little black heart. :) I just love him sooo much. When I finally made it to bed it was heavenly, until my wife rolled on my chest. Ohhh, wrong move, and I went off again (good thing she slept through it). The whole day my withdrawls were at an all-time high of around a 10-11 on the scale here. It was hell. My weak little mind kept telling my soul to just go smoke one, you desirve it. :mad: Sometimes I hate that thing. So I finally went to sleep, and when I woke up it was all gone. I was Funk again. I was this happy-go-lucky person. Yesterday was the worst day of my quit and I made it. I MADE IT! Hell yeah, that is what I am talking about. I am an ex-smoke. Never again will I smoke and I fully realize that now. Never again will one thing have such a hold on my life it will make me blind. Thank you all for what you do here, you people rock. Thanks for letting me vent: hopefull this will help someone. ~Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Funk. You get a Gold Star for a day well played. WE are all behind you here and 20 days Kicks Ash. Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$24,960.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 11

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
awesome job, funky! I too had a severe Hell Day and survived.......so I can empathize with what you went thru. And it was on a Sunday as well.....hmmmmm. Sundays being Hell Days. Something not quite right there..... anyway.........[b]CONGRATULATIONS ON BEATING IT!![/B] Keep going!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad you're still Funk. It's much better than being a Fink or a [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/censored.gif[/IMG]. lol. Whenever you have a rough time, remember getting through the 13th. Your day from hell. Keep Strong 20 days is awesome! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,047 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $356.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheers for you [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/foot006.gif[/IMG] fantastic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: