Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

IS THE SECOND TIME AROUND EASIER OR WORSE

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deck, Hang in there. You will succeed. Stay focused on your goal. Remember it is okay to have an 'off' day. We can't be perfect everyday. ;p If you get a chance read some of the 'weight' threads, you will find a lot of help here. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deck !! Of course the 11 months off helped you !! According to my mother's doctor.. quitting smoking even for a short period of time will cut down your risk of getting emphysema. You emptied your lungs of tons of gunk .. improved your ability to breath and LEARNED THAT IT CAN BE DONE.. THE QUITTING PART THAT IS !! Welcome back !!! Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Losing your quit in the past is less tragic if you learn something to help you in your next quit. I have quit a few dozen times for varied lengths of time. You'd think I'd be an expert by now. I have, actually, learned little tricks that occupy me long enough to let a craving pass. I have more confidence this time than ever before, I made it through hell week cold turkey and I found this site. I feel pretty good about it. We are addicts Deck and we need a program and support to make it stick. I think I will probably haunt this site forever just because it's working and I really want to stay quit. Good luck to you and keep coming here for support and ideas to help cope with the hard times. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deck, its ok, its a hard habit to break. Don't be so hard on your self. Your back here, & you quit again. So give yourself a pat on the back for trying it again. Good luck to you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome back deck.......good luck to you......to reset your meter to 0 look under the my glove compartment.....go to my personal information which is a blue bar with those words in it....click on that and you should be able to reset there for another go at it......again good luck to ya
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deck. Welcome. I don't know quite what to say. The Mothering side of me wants to say " Good for you, coming back and trying again." The ex-smoker who still has hard days wants to say, " 11 MONTHS, What were you thinking?". There, now I've said them both, Welcome Aboard! I look forward to hearing what you have learned. You have learned something right? [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/fingerscrossed.gif[/IMG] I hope you take my comments with the humor I wrote them with. Talk to you later. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 849 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Deck. Great words! "me looking out the window for someone to blame instead of looking in the mirror to see myself". Very true for a lot of us I'm sure. You seem to really have a handle on your triggers, and knowledge about what went wrong. Another step in this journey. Good for you! You can do this. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/Finger_fing31.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $298.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Practice definitely made perfect, for me! Cold Turkeys LOVE quitters! Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dearest deck, You are in good company. I just came back 5 days ago,after smoking again for the last 4 months. I didnt quit for 11 months, although I did quit for 4. Why we started to smoke again is because we are addicts..and the pull grabbed us once again. You and I must always remember that we must never let up our guard. We have shown that we can stop smoking, but now we must sustain the quit. I think the second time around will prove to be successful for both of us. We now know that it's not a given just because we have quit for many months. I feel stronger now, and I do realize the consequences should I desire a puff or a cigarette. And you and i must continue to post here every day, even after 4 or 11 months. It provides an outlet..a place to feel comfort. I am rooting for you and I feel confident that we will succeed. Love, Sally [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's day three and I feel almost like I did at the beginning of my last quit i.e., short-tempered, fat, lacking concentration, ready to chew anybody out. One good point is that I can't really say I am having any cravings. I mean I have had some cravings but small sharp ones like I had after about six months into my last quit. But please somebody reassure me I'm not going to put on as much weight this time as I did last time. I put on a total of 26lbs and I have managed to hold onto every single one of them. Nobody found the humour thread to bump it up?? Lots of love to you all Deck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$408,843.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8153 Hours: 15

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: