Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

It has been a long time

13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky,
Glad to see you back and posting.  As far as the name I'm for keeping it.  If anything you two can be quit buddies all the better for both of you.  As far as others saying it's ok to give up and smoke I would differ from their observations.  I know you are much happier when you can get rid of the demon and enjoy your days without having to worry about your next smoke. Now I respect what you decide, but know that we are all been behind you on this but in my heart I just don't think anyone here thinks you should continue with smoking as the answer.  You have been too helpful to others as a quitter than you know (you saved me from that one in my car).  If anything you can be a much better support network for your husband by quitting.  Rock  and others please chime in. Ron 
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It has been a long time since I have been here.  Some of you will remember my husband has brain cancer and we are still dealing with that. We have gone through radiation and still on chemo With all that has gone and still going on I have been smoking.  I have had a couple attempts at quitting and then give up again.  Hubby says it is ok and so do others, they say you are under so  much stress who can blame you.  I blame myself.  Smoking just adds to it, amazing isn't it.  I miss coming here and not sure if I should be here now, but I am.  I haven't set a quit date yet, but am hoping it will be soon.  It is same old story, the smell, the cough, the lost of freedom and finding  place that you can smoke.  So my friends I hope you don't mind if I join you soon.

I have notice there is another Sparky.  Question, do I keep it or should I try something else??  It would be hard to change since you all know me by Sparky

The new site looks nice.  Need to figure out a few things.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

Reading this thread: