Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

fighting the blahs

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb!!!

I'm also glad you are back on the boards with us!  The MOST important thing that helped me in my quit was to log in here almost every day to read and post and learn and re-commit to my quit!!! 

Brat is absolutely right!!!  Write that Dear John letter to the stinking smoking habit and be rid of it for the rest of your life!!!  Try getting that Positive Mental Attitude towards your quit!!!  Celebrate every day that you do not smoke!!!  REWARD yourself daily for the first few months!!!  Keep telling yourself every time you get a little crave that you are a NON-SMOKER and damn proud of it!!!   Most importantly think about and understand NOPE....  You are a beautiful non-smoker...  You really can get through ANYTHING without a cigarette!!!  REJOICE, you are free at last!!!

What do you think???

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 533
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,325
Amount Saved: $2,198.63
Life Gained:
Days: 90 Hrs: 8 Mins: 56 Seconds: 38

• Quit Meter

$44,265.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 10

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy dancing for 30 days - way to go!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 595
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,900
Amount Saved: $4,522.00
Life Gained:
Days: 64 Hrs: 23 Mins: 1 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey!!........30 days is GOOD!!!!!!
Good to see you back deb..........

Congrats on your Month...........
Think about the Cruise Ship and the Beach........that'll help the blahs........Here's a hugggg for them too

HUGGGGGGGGGG

Keep the Quit
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 205
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,150
Amount Saved: $861.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 21 Mins: 52 Seconds: 7

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb!
30 days is a great number.
It is ok to feel the blahs. Just make something to reward yourself. It is part of the process. And that feeling shall pass too.
o go ahead and make something nice for yourself. You will feel better!
Big Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 209
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,135
Amount Saved: $313.50
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 17 Mins: 48 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cvdeb, I realize that it is also not always important to say anything. Sometimes it's just best to listen, to read.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 111
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,108
Amount Saved: $1,204.35
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 2 Mins: 43 Seconds: 23

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC, yeah but!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 111
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,108
Amount Saved: $1,204.35
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 2 Mins: 43 Seconds: 3

14 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brat, that cracked me up.  And of course you're right.  There is a part of me holding on and missing something and I think you've come as close as anyone can metaphorically.  And it kind of snapped me out of it for the moment.  A lightbulb moment.  So thanks for making me laugh and helping me understand what the heck is going on.

Moss, I forgot.  You're right too.  I did go through the same thing right around this time last time and had no memory of it until you wrote.  How soon we forget.

Sarah, you're right too!  Can't believe how much wisdom are in these pages.  Life is demanding, I'm not rewarding myself, I'm not smoking, but it's a draining fight because I'm not helping myself much in the self care department.  The fight has been long (or feels long), no rewards, no breaks, and I've been stupidly not posting because I didn't want to sit here and say nothing except 'this is hard, this is hard'..... I was boring even to myself.

I realize that even when we are boring, even when we don't have much to say, whining, whatever-- that it's still important to keep checking in here because it may touch someone's life in ways we don't know about.  Yeah But, we are in the same place.  We are also about the same amount of time into our quits.  Not that I enjoy seeing you suffering too, but it normalized how I'm feeling by seeing your post.  We can get through.  I'm not sure how to break through it, but I liked Brats thoughts on it.  We need to let go of Jericho..... may he and the nicodemon rest in peace.

When I wake up in the morning, I will have 30 days.  That makes me smile....  There are big fires up in Santa Cruz as we speak.  The smoke has found it's way down and a lot of people are having trouble breathing.  Especially the folks with breathing disorders.  The sky is brown a lot.  I see people smoking despite people being hospitalized, I see them smoking despite the economy, I see them smoking despite a fire raging near them that is compromising the air......... 

And I can only feel very grateful that for 30 days, no matter how crummy I felt physically or psychologically, I haven't put that garbage into my body.  I'm celebrating tomorrow.
Deborah

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/21/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 720
Amount Saved: $288.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 2 Mins: 4 Seconds: 38

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb, I got the blahs a lot until I finally said to myself either smoke or shut up, it took a long time to learn how to just say nope, to stop thinking about it and accept that it was really my time to quit.  I still miss smoking, but I also miss Jericho the TV show and can`t have that back either so time to move on for me. I hope your days get a bit better and tho I did not believe it myself, it actually really and positively does get easier.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 306
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,650
Amount Saved: $2,448.00
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 6 Mins: 20 Seconds: 41

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yeah but,

Sorry to hear about your blah feelings. As you can see, these can be pretty common in your quit!

It can be hard to feel motivated, especially because a quit can often be so draining and requires a lot of energy. Not to worry though, these feelings will pass as you become comfortable in your life as a non-smoker.

Stay close to the boards and let us know how you are doing. You can do this!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the topic.  I have 25 days and feel the same way.  Today I was thinking I have nothing to look forward to except getting fat and being uncomfortable in my skin.
So this does go away?  Normally I am very active but since I quit smoking "cold turkey" I do not feel enthused about doing anything.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/25/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 25
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 375
Amount Saved: $84.38
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 21 Mins: 21 Seconds: 32

Reading this thread: