Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

HELP FOR ANGER AND WHINING

16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deck it sounds like you have depression for which the quickest simplest things you can do -which also works for stress- is social support and physical excercise. Patricks suggestion of a trip is a good one, parent yourself through the tough time gently and with love. anything you can do from massages with aromatherapy oils to gentle yoga -some yoga moves can be done lying down.give yourself every little treat and comfort. you ask if you should seek help that depends on what kind of help you BELIEVE in, might be therapy, might be anti-depressants, might be alternative health. if you are interested in how modern psychology most efficiently treats depression, anxiety etc would recommend 'the feeling good handbook' by david burns md which is a self-treat cognitive psych manual that is prescribed to clients by cognitively oriented clinical psychologists and psychiatrists. the book might help you decide if you want extra help and what type elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �432.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow. This site has really changed since I was last a regular contributor. I am in the presence of greatness; greatness as it expresses itself in what looks like the everyday. Thank you all. I am so very glad to be back. pete [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goodness, Deck, if you�ve been ill, had a relationship break up, AND quit smoking just 52 days ago, and are not feeling a bit blue, I�d wonder at your sanity. When I was on site everyday, one of the main concerns was that �far away� or almost stoned feeling that seems to grab some people at the beginning of their quit. So many people reported it, that we came to realize that it was quite normal. One member actually wished he could bottle it � no more anxiety medicine needed because no one cared enough to have anxiety � LOL. My post was originally written because so many members seemed to not be able to get it together after a long quit. They blamed losing their quit on everything that happened to them in life. After seeing them struggling through the quitting process for several weeks, I hated seeing them lose their quit because of some normal life experience. Do not fret if you don�t bounce right back after quitting. I promise you that it WILL get easier. One day you�ll realize that you went through the entire day with a normal routine and hadn�t thought about smoking once. And then, you�ll grin! Best of luck. Not cravin�, never cavin� Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1031 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,701.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 141 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$472,305.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 10

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]When I read about the problems that some of you have faced, my lot would seem quite insignificant and to my own mind it is. [/quote] No such thing as insignificant if you don't feel well! [quote] However, how does one measure "feeling bad" Just because I don't have some really bad problems am I not allowed to feel down. [/quote] You should allow yourself to feel whatever it is you're feeling. :) [quote] Should I be able to control this? Should I be able to tell myself to get up off my ass and stop whingeing? [/quote] Emotions were never meant to be controlled. In my personal philosophy, one should allow themselves to feel and experience what they are experiencing without self judgement or judgement from others, which is why I get so adgitated when I see anything about anyone complaining about complainers, or about folks trying to "fix" other peoples negative emotions. If you allow yourself to be with your emotions without judgement, and not try to fight them, then they will eventually discipate and be gone. If you constantly battle them, they will keep coming back for battle! Simple as that. You're not broken - you don't need to be fixed - this won't last for ever or even very long - and there's nothing wrong with being "down". [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 590 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,062.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Two things, Deck... you've been very sick while away in Slovakia and you've had a bad break-up with your partner. So, you're physically probably quite weak right now and need a rest (your body wants to remain in bed) and you're in a grieving process whether you like it or not. You've a right to be 'down' and feeling less than your old self right now. Take a long weekend away, starting tomorrow, and take yourself and the dog off to the South for a few days ... the business and the house will all be there when you bring back a new headspace... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deck, thank you for expressing some of the things I have been feeling, but trying my best to ignore. I 've tried my darndnest to contribute these feelings to other things in my life, not THE QUIT, but maybe, just possibly, it has a lot to do with it. No matter the cause, the effects aren't easy to deal with! But, I just try to keep my eye on the prize...I am finally a non smoker!! A friend suggested anti-depressants for me, I am not into Happy pills and just heard a report this morning that in a double blind placebo test, they discovered Prozac and similar meds were less than 48% effective. Again, my mantra is PMA (positive mental attitude). Deck, hope you can keep that little PMA stuck in your head too, it seems to be helping in my little part of the world...Hang Tough!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $141.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to all of you for some very inspiring posts. Although I am over the 50 day mark and I should be over the hell and heck weeks, I just can't seem to pick up the pieces of my life and get on with it. Sure some sh***y things have happened recently, but I am so down in the dumps at the moment that I can't even seem to react to them. Things that would normally provoke some king of reaction - my partner leaving me for example - just seem to leave me totally indifferent. It would seem as if I am just a spectator and completely removed from life. I who am manic about personal hygiene and presentation, went to work this morning without showering or shaving. I cannot remember when this ever happened to me before. Even after going to bed at 09.30pm I just couldn't get up this morning. When I did eventually surface at 08.00am I just couldn't get the energy necessary to do what I normally do. By the way I should have been in work at 08.00am! They for sure are very minor details but indicative of something that's not quite right. And the worst of it is I cannot give a damn! Should I allow myself to wallow in this feeling for some time? Should I seek help? Should I just forge ahead as I usually have done in the past hoping that all will come right? Who knows? I don't. When I read about the problems that some of you have faced, my lot would seem quite insignificant and to my own mind it is. However, how does one measure "feeling bad" Just because I don't have some really bad problems am I not allowed to feel down. Should I be able to control this? Should I be able to tell myself to get up off my ass and stop whingeing? I'd like to but I simply can't find the energy nor the right words to make it happen. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �405.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$408,726.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8151 Hours: 7

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks hummy and misty for sharing , I won't go into my life at this time, only to say ... it was not all paved roads. I am on a stroke site. I am a stroke survivor.. almost 5 years.... We all have to have some bad days.. how would we know a Good one, if there wasn't some bad. A saying: It is fine to get on the pity pot; just don't forget to flush when you are done. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for starting this, Hummy, and thank all of you for your input. I feel positively humbled by the strength of you ladies. I hope to learn from this. Again, thank you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �291.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hummy, Thanks for coming back and sharing! This was a great read when it was posted and a great insight now! Thanks, Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: