Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Was Just a Nothing

16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jazz, It does make sense and this may be good news or bad but for me it happened around 90 Days. I went through a full-fledged emotional upheaval during the first two months, not to mention the physical adjustments. I wouldn't trade it for the world though because after all of it settled, I was "me" again but a "me" that I hadn't seen for a long time and one that was better and ready for whatever came next. After I grew back into myself as a non-smoker, I realized the hold nicotine had on me and all the ways it jacked up my body. There was no going back. Your day could come sooner than my did but when you get there, you will be so glad that you stayed the course. You'll be free! All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,760.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 99 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$37,076.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 6

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tried to find the "light switch" once during a former quit attempt: went to a hypnotherapist hoping naivly that she might "banish" the thought from my mind- or at least change the emotions linked to smoking. Well, it never worked.... Gradual it is. Which is a lot less satisfying... But I can get through most of a "normal work day" now often without thinking of a cigarette. Evenings are more difficult :-) But I remember having difficulty leaving the house in the morning without LONGING for a cigarette- or wanting to take breaks during work to smoke. So yes, gradually, it gets better.... Thank you! Cat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,904 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �437.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning i like this post, i was just thinking yesterday that if i was dident hang around this site i probley would never think of smoking any more but because iam here to support its on my mind all the time, not that it makes me want to smoke but is a constant reminder of what and when i went through the different things during the quit, it dont bother me so you all are stuck with me :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2008 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,028.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 287 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$14,614.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 9

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That�s an interesting thought about turning on or off a light switch. I�ve been dealing with major fatigue still, and just not feeling myself. I�m not nearly as upbeat and positive and full of life as I normally am. I keep waiting for the day when I wake up and say �Hey, I feel like me again. I�m back!� I really miss me. :mad: But if it�s so gradual, I probably won�t even notice myself returning to my original �me�. Does this make sense? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is a gradual, getting better feeling that a quitter recognizes; not like turning off a light switch as our horse has pointed out. However gradual, remaining smoke free is not so difficult once you go a full day without the thought of lighting up. And of course even before this point is reached, it gets easier each day and every passing week. Something that Todash had said, that made me think about this, how she did not realize her 400 day milestone was here. A powerful subtle message she sent, smoking thoughts leave us, we forget about smoking. And when we realize that �smoking was just a nothing�, you have learned that you can function just fine without them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 745 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,097.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 138 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: