Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Holiday and the lurking craves

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there is Aloha's mouse!! Does she know it is here? :) Sparky, great thread, thanks for sharing your promise. I love that. It is my first Christmas smoke free, I am ready. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 228 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $399.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anna I am doing just fine and Omaha is doing well, thank you for asking. People are amazing and the support for those that were killed have been outstanding. They are going to reopen Von Maur's this coming Thursday. I am enjoying my six month reward (Mr. Kitty) so much. It was so worth the quit. Still can't think of a name so he will be officially Mr. Kitty. Thank you Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Anna I am doing just fine and Omaha is doing well, thank you for asking. People are amazing and the support for those that were killed have been outstanding. They are going to reopen Von Maur's this coming Thursday. I am enjoying my six month reward (Mr. Kitty) so much. It was so worth the quit. Still can't think of a name so he will be officially Mr. Kitty. Thank you Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, how are you doing??? I asked in another thread but I think it got cut. Just thinking of you and Omaha... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 343 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,145 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,440.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I missed this the first time around. What a great idea. Yes, preparation is the key. I'm going to have time off during the holidays, so I'm going to plan things to do to keep me busy. I'm thinking that missing my sons might be a bit of a trigger, but of course I won't smoke. Just another opportunity to deal with emotions more honestly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 269 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,829.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, that is so thoughtful and caring of you. I promise that I will not smoke during this holiday season and beyond! Mr. Kitty is so adorable, and getting big too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
I am bumping this so others can share with "me" and the rest what are you doing? Like I said in the last post of making a promise to deceased sister has be amazing. There are day I think do I really want to make that promise. When those thoughts jump into my head I am in trouble. So sometimes it is with joy and sometimes not I make that promise. I can see her smiling and it makes my day. Xmas is going to almost another day for us, but it will be smoke free. The best gift I could receive this year is to come here and read that each and everyone of you made it though Christmas being non-smokers. So my gift to you is to be smoke free on the days leading and including Xmas. I promise :) Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
This is what I am going to do for now. A little history. About 12 years ago my sister (best friend) died of lung cancer. After she died I realized that she had never broke one promise to me. So now I am waking in the morning and I am going to promise her that I will not smoke for today. It is important to me to keep my promise to her. No way can I break it, no way. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We just have to plan ahead, the more prepared we are the better we will do, just like other times. I do little things to that someone else might not notice, like add a special floral arrangement at the table, or a scented candle, or a new Hors'derve for everyone to try. Something little like that, that no one would notice is a gift to myself to remind me that I don't smoke anymore and no one knows but me! Also, have a plan to be busy doing something else while the smokers go do their thing, after the meal etc. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,901.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes being prepared is a must. We need to think ahead...(which means now) about what circumstances may pose themselves to be hard. If we are honest with oursleves we know what the holiday triggers will be. Decide what technique you will have in place and rehearch the sceenes in your minds now. Fortifying yourselves brings fortitude. Good post Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,421.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: