Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

La Bistro

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh CCR, I love CCR. Used to have a bf who played in a tribute band. He didn;t smoke (tobacco). It's a hot one here today, can I get an ice cold beer, please? I was thinking this morning while brushing my teeth, it is so cool that they FEEL brushed for a long time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,133.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I was just cleaning up the place and guess what I found ? Some Janis Joplin,Jimi Hendrix,C.C.R.,The Who,Sly and The Family Stone,so if you feel like dropping in for a moment and remanising come on in we'll put some music on have a couple of bevies and just relax.There's still no TOBBACO SMOKING though. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 157 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,826 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,570.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i love the cats sparky...i think unhooked maybe had a bad experience in her childhood but, then i also loved your beach scene yesterday hmm...what can i do i couldnt before? enjoy a plane ride..well, kind of enjoy it...at least not go crazy from wanting to smoke (it's a long way from Hawaii to anywhere). Be part of the fun when I get together with family or friends....I like not having to leave all the time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $952.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now, Unhooked, I thought you didn't like my swimming cat. That beach got the best of me, just party, party, party :eg: Oh, that is another advantage of not smoking, I can party longer and better. I know who is there because the air is clean and not clouded by a heavy grey cloud of smoke. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I thought we agreed that you would not dress cats against us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $968.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good thread. Something to really think about. It seems like all I have been doing for the last several months was trying to get quit. Now that I have quit my life is so much better. I am happier and more relaxed. I know I don't smell like a dirty old ashtray. I don't have to spend so much time and energy in planning my smokes. I don't have to get up in the middle of the night for a fix. On the whole life is getting much better. Life is so much more enjoyable without that constant need for a smoke. Now I will have a non-alcholic drink also. How about a rasberry ice tea? Thanks Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right On Every one, this is a great thread :) :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1827 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,394.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 257 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$14,682.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 693 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What kind of sandwiches does this joint serve? I love a good BLT. What have I accomplished? I am doing something that I never thought I could/would/or even wanted to do! Check please! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 213 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $894.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll take an iced tea and tell you about my last week. Since I'm only 5 weeks into this and the first three were not too good and the forth was somewhat better but the fifth has been real good. I kept my Grand kids for 5 days in a row. I didn't worry about sneaking around trying to smoke and we had several discussions about smoking. They are ages 11, 8 & 3. They took the adventure into the SSC site and got all excited about my quit. They even had rewards for my 30 day milestone. It can't get much better than having your grand kids think what you are doing is cool!!!!My house smells good and they told me how bad it used to stink. I got tons of hugs because I don't smell like smoke any more. My biggest reward so far is a closer family. [color=blue] BLUE CLOUD [/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am embarrassed and humiliated to have to tell you this, but I suspect you will all understand. My children both live in other cities, and whenever we would visit them in the past I would insist that we stay at a hotel (so that I could smoke freely in a smoking room). Now we can stay at their non-smoking homes! We had a little reunion last month to welcome our daughter's new baby, and it was so special to all be together under the same roof. It was one of the best family visits we have had, and it is sad to think of all the opportunities I missed in the past because of my smoking. Togetherness certainly is a terrific motivator for not smoking!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $750.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: