Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,519 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Masking

16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me smoking masked the boredom issue, I'd live to smoke and nothing else got in the way. So when I quit, I found i had tons of empty free time. There you go bear. Two different things smoking masked from two different people already. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �79.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, For me, smoking masked depression and I never developed the skills to be able to emotionally handle situations in life. I started smoking at about 15 and so I used smoking to deal with life issues for most of my life. When I quit, I had to learn how to handle life without the crutch. It took me a long, long time to seek help. I really wish I had done it sooner. I spent over a year crying and wondering what was wrong with me. My self esteme was about as low as you can go and I felt totally worthless. I thought I was a failure and I couldn't do anything right. I also have issues with anxiety. I'm not sure if it is a result of smoking or if smoking would calm my anxiety. It really is hard to say. What a great topic! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 760 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have seen the term used many times on this site so if you don't mind educating an old man and maybe some of others here I would like to find out the kinds of illness that where masked or hidden as a result of smoking ??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,394 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,330.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: