Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Lost in Misery

16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Iam very pleased for you today and hopeing today will be much better, AW the skin thing, aint it great?? have a great day tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1808 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,328.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 254 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$14,557.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 687 Hours: 14

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kita, I'm much better today. Thank you for asking. I slept a full 10 hrs. last night and don't seem as depressed as yesterday. I'm still saying not one puff ever and I am breathing so much better. My friends are beginning to comment on the better color of my skin. I didn't realize the trail of signs nicotine leaves behide. For all the rest of you Thanks for the support and the hugs!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Blue Cloud How are you doing today? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $793.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AWWWWWW, blue cloud, i hope tomorrow is better for you, i remember the minute, to minute thing, i read back in my journal as i feel all you new ones going through this, it really will get better Hugs tresa :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1808 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,328.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 254 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$14,557.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 687 Hours: 14

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Blue Cloud, Some trouble, yes it is the norm and you are not alone. I went to bed early, took aspirin to knock myself out. I got up saying YAHOO I did it, another day. it's difficult but as all your not smoking buds have mentioned don't smoke for the night, one day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 544 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,992.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 99 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud...Sparky, I here to tell you it will end. I can't tell you how many days. You'll each be different. Just know...it is good when you get there. I'm experiencing it. I wouldn't lie to you. You will make it....so long as YOU DON'T SMOKE. Let the past be past... and move toward a better future. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the response to my post. I have made it through another day. It has been minute by minute most of today. I have really tried to keep busy but the craving seemed to be almost constant most of the day. I do think this has been the worse day so far. Maybe the demon knows I'm serious about this quit. He certainly seems to be working full time. I do think I am strong enough to beat this addiction. I am proud that I am this many days into a quit. I do believe I am on board for the long trip to recovery. Thank you so much for your support!! It is precious to me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, my dear Blue Cloud, I have been where you are at and I did cave over and over and over and over. What did it get me? A new quit date and a lot or remorse. I can only speak of what went on with me. It was like the demon himself was alive within. I knew if I smoked I would have to start all over again. I knew if I took one single puff; it would be history. I knew all of the benefits of not smoking. I knew all I had to do was hold on for 10 minutes and it would get better. I knew all of that and yet I would smoke. Then the rationalization would set in. I would think I could get away with it and no one would know. Guess I knew and it ate my lunch. Then I would come here and say I smoked and reset my meter, again :blush: This is my longest time without a cig in 50 years. I don't think I have another quit left. So I am holding on to dear life with this one. We can do this. I believe the others when they say it does get better. Blue Cloud, hold on we are here for you!! Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blue Cloud, We are all smart enough to know that these feelings won't last forever. The addict in us tells us that lie so we will have an "excuse" to throw in the towel. Don't do it. You will heal....you will be a whole person again. You will be free from a powerful addiction. You got to fight it down the WHOLE ROAD. The road brings many bumps....dips....mud and rocky surfaces. All roads end somewhere. Don't stop for anything till this road ends. There is allot of chemical changes going on right now.... especially in you brain. We expect so much of our bodies. It can't get better that fast....plain and simple. You couldn't repair an abused house that swiftly. You remodel room by room making the right choices for the house. The same for you body. How are you doing this evening? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PS - I also posted/responded to you on my "reflections" post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 826 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,891.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 118 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$794,640.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 0

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: