Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The Cigarette Rules the Roost

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi stickin to it, You pretty much summed up addiction in those first few lines! I HATE thinking about smoking EVERY morning...the mornings were always the hardest for me; giving up those coffe cigs. But, you are sooo right. There is nothing good about nicotine addiction. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The Cigarette Rules the Roost The first thing on my mind when I wake up, and the final desire that I have before I retire. What a fine mess that I got myself into. Oh, he who rules the roost. What is so terribly wrong with this picture? Observe a smoker for a day and what may you learned? Perhaps she knows not that she smokes. He doesn�t look like he is enjoying it as he hurriedly puffs it away. A puff of smoke in the eye; a hacking cough... Do you honestly want to let this unpleasantness back into your life? Social smoking for us, extremely unlikely, you can not have your cake and eat it to. It will start out as one, and then one + one and then two + one � to twenty + one. Don�t succumb to temptation, ever again. Look at those whom you know that don�t smoke. They don�t think about smoking, why would you? What good comes from smoking anyway? Stay quit for a while so you can achieve a clear non-addict�s mindset. Then answer the question. And then answer this question. What good comes from not smoking? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 502 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,761.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: