Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

ending a bad relationship

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
great post thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anna You scared me!!!!! I saw your quit meter from that old post and thought it was up to date DON'T DO THAT! ME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 537 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,819.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 108 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thought of this post that I wrote about a year ago! Great minds think alike!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,608.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tks Anna was a gr8 bump for me too :) More than u know lol. Just breathe....... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$26,748.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 8

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for Bold! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $865.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratualations on your new lifestyle!!! And thanks for this it is just what I needed to hear right now. I'm desperately trying to get a paper written and my BIL is outside puffing away... and all I can think about is smoking. To see that after a month you managed to go a whole day without thinking about it... well it gives me hope :) Plus I have a mad bad headache... Rant over Danni x x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$326,973.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 10

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anna That is a great analogy. In fact a few weeks back when I was failing at quitting once again (I had about 4-6 weeks of false starts till I was really ready to do it - with the help of Chantix), I was thinking that it was like a break-up. You know it's over and your better off that way, but part of you isn't ready to let go and keeps pining until gradually over time you realize that you've moved on. I certainly hope this quitting is like that over the long haul. I'm ok now, with momentary pangs that I tell to go away cuz I don't smoke anymore. But I do worry that months or years down the road I'll be tempted again and give in. I hope that over time the non-smoking mindset really sinks in and helps us NEVER WANT to turn back! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$119,549.72

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 22

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is for the new people who don't know what to expect..... Last night I was laying in bed and it occured to me that I hadn't thought about smoking all day. I realized what my quit has been like. Have you ever been in a bad relationship where you know it is not right? You try to get out of it but you keep going back, maybe out of loneliness or boredom. The relationship does not go anywhere, causes you pain, and just brings you down. Then one day, after many attempts or thoughts of ending the relationship, you just do it. Something goes off in your head and you are just done. It is finally OVER! The next few weeks you still think about the old relationship. You have to remind yourself that the benefits of the relationship being over are far better than being in the relationship. You may even consider going back to it becaust that may be the easy way to avoid some pain, sadness, or loneliness. Don't pick up the phone just yet! Time is definitely on your side. Hindsight is 20/20 and you start to see the whole picture and just how bad that relationship was. You start to fill your time with new interests and basically change your lifestyle. You feel FREE from the old ways and you feel so much better about yourself. This is how my quit has been and maybe it will help others to hang in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $109.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Anna. I wasn't sure how I felt, but this kind of put some words to my bodies feelings. I am not really craving anymore, but I do feel like I'm missing something. I am not gonna smoke any tiime soon, but I am going to save this post to my desk top as a word doc for the day the feeling comes. Thanks, Jimmy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 387 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anna, I just wanted to let you know that I so related to this post. In fact, I was thinking about it in the car today, and it really did help to give me perspective, when I used this train of thought to create an analogy from my own life history. About nine years ago, I got into a serious relationship with a guy who was charming and charismatic, had a killer smile, and a hot bod. He was fun and he got along great with my children � he seemed so perfect. After a few months, though, I began to realize that he was not without flaws. He had some serious mental and emotional issues and though he was never physically abusive, he was threatening, controlling, manipulative, and frightening. Because he was in therapy for his issues, I tried standing by him, but as the situation became more and more difficult, I started to realize just how unhealthy the relationship was for me � and for my children. His dramatic over-the-top angry outbursts were turning our lives upside down and though I was deeply in love with the man, I eventually had to cut him out of our lives. In the weeks after I broke up with him, I missed him. I missed his companionship and his humor, but I knew I had to stay away from him. He was not the kind of guy that I could stay friends with � if he were in my life in ANY capacity, he�d turn it into chaos. No, I could not give him an inch, no matter how much I missed him. This had been such a difficult experience that I didn�t really want to see anyone else, so I didn�t date at all for about six months after we broke up. I missed the physical closeness we�d shared and hey, I�m human, so there were times that I had thoughts of calling him just for that. But I pushed those thoughts away! No way would I succumb to THAT particular craving � the fallout from it would be disastrous. He�d be back in our lives in a heartbeat and we�d be right back in the middle of his angry, messed-up, unhealthy world again. No thank you! Okay, I know this was really long, but ya see the analogies?! - Cigarettes are threatening, controlling, manipulative, and frightening. AND they are physically abusive. - I can never go back to having cigarettes in my life in any capacity. - I know if I did, we (my whole family) would be right back in the

Reading this thread: