Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

My First Morning

17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys! Ok here is an honest to goodness report. Most of the day I was ok but constantly thinking about the "quit". This afternoon after work has been very difficult. I can't seem to shake the thought of "come on, just one drag" but I keep thinking like a freakn' junkie that I discovered today I am. I would have stopped for a pack of smokes if I hadn't thought about my committment, thought about having to sit my family down some day and tell them I am sick, and thought about Phil still not popping in to give me a "one liner"! I know that if I am going to pull through this I had better shape up my attitude that I had this afternoon. Total of about 2 hours that kinda sucked but hey....2 hours out of a day ain't bad for day 1! I'll be with you in the morning Rick...I am off tomorrow so if I don't jump right online it is because I am dreaming of a beautiful non smoking ship. Thanks for the goodwishes Pat...it really means a lot Thanks everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hey gang! Thanks for all the good wishes! Piece a cake!!! Actually it really has been ok, except I had an ah ha moment... I am a drug addict! I did some reading and it really hit home! Hey Phil where are you? You promised you would be here today!!! Can't wait for tomorrow to talk to you Rick and Pat Saturday is right around the corner. Since the ship is leaving from Florida lets swing by Key West and do a crawl down Duval Street? Woo hoo... remind me over the next couple of days how stoked and OKAY I am right this very minute! One last thing... my meter isn't showing any cig missed and I want you to know out of my smoking diary I can tell you that I have not smoked....for 13 hrs and 52 minutes and have not smoked 11 cigarettes! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I woke up about 20 minutes before the alarm and begged to drift back and woo hoo I did!!! I could go into to great detail but won't bother as everthing is great! On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being :mad:) it was a 2. It's funny I was fine all morning getting ready and doing the normal routine but wammy when I got to work and got to my desk I got a little ache/urge bubbling up. I am swatting it down as we speak! But you something? It just dawned on me that I had tea this morn instead of coffee. Got to work and now I am having coffee and maybe starting to feel a little better. Even feeling yucky for a moment wasn't too bad. Ok my fellow new quitters it is time to jump onto Rick's Magic Ship! I REALLY don't want to party by myself! Oh yeah, forgot to tell you....just before bed I took the 1/2 pack I had left and put them under the faucet and left water soaking in the package so that there was no way they would dry out by morning and create a garbage picker out of me! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: