Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Sad news

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dawn i am so sorry to hear about your loss, please take care of yourself and God bless you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dawn, Sincerest condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss. Keep up the good work with you quit. Again, I'm so sorry. Marie
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So sorry for your lost Dawn. My sympathy goes out to you and your family. You will be in my prayers [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got sad news today after work. My Auntie passed away, she had MS and was a smoker, she thought she was coming down with a cold last night and told her sister if she didnt feel better she wanted to go to the doc this morning. Before the ambulance got her tot he hospital she passed on. In the past I would reach for the cigg to give me comfort, this time I didnt and it felt good. I did however go get some ice cream, small scoop in a bowl. I will be gone a few days for the funeral and such. She was also my oldest sons God Mother. So we will have a special memory in our hearts for her and miss her very much! Please send good vibes during this time Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Thank you all very much! I have been told that she was kept on life support long enough to give her donations, she donated two valves of her heart. Two children got those last night. Two children, children she was never able to have herself are living on through her. They are recovering nicely and so far so good. There is nothing more precious than a gift of life. She left this world like she lived it, with passion and love for others. I am hopin that the weather will hold up for this weekend. Its supposed to get nasty where she lived and here as well.. its a 3 hour trip. I am going to get off here to spend some time with the boys but I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and sweet words. I see now that if I can make it smoke free through this, I can make it smoke free the rest of my life.. which I am seeing I almost have a full day more than before. A full day more to make fun of my kids when they get grey hair ; ) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Well so much for this week.. I fell hard yesterday, the winter storm kept us from going to my Auntie funeral and I fell off the wagon... only a minor slip though. I had one last night. I am back on track though.
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Dawn, that's so sad. I'm so sorry to hear this news. We'll miss your enthusiasm on here, but will look forward to your return. In the meantime, congratulations on 9 days -- that is so awesome! All my best to you and your family. Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and yours. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,405 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You and yours are in my thoughts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this difficult time. Love and hugs.. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: