Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

The Rookery

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello I hope I might offer a tiny bit. You are learning how to breath all over. Your lungs are actually learning again how to handle the gas exchange that they were designed to do. Without having to suck all the air through the tar and gunck or bubble the air through mucous covered bronchia. UGH. I had exactly what you are talking about. The doctor said oh shmo you are panicking and here take an anti anxiety drug. WWWWWOOOOOO that made everything worse. Yoga breathing and controlled diaphramatic breathing helped. I would do a bit every day. There are some posts here about breathing I will let you find them, and there is a tonne of info on the internet about breathing and you can find lots on a google or yahoo search. Doing excersize helped me immensely. Cheers Have a great day. Glad to see you on day 8 + Hooray Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Hooray One week. Congratulations. Fighting is very important. Stay strong and know ... I hope this lands okay with you if it doesn't then hey ... That goose at the front of the V is breaking the air for all the geese behind. It takes lots and lots of strength for that goose to lead. Know that you might need to rest and it is okay to reposition in the V. It is not okay to stop flying, it is not okay to drop out of the air. Keep flying and knowing your strength and weakness, your endurance and your limit. Knock the ND out of the air and fly. So, you are flying and learning the lessons of the air. Hooray!!!!! If only in your dreams, those dreams are quickly becoming reality as day seven rolls along. Celebrate. Breath and enjoy today. Hoping your smoke free day is wonderful. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Hope you are having an awesome day. It is getting cold here and I keep thinking of you. Congrats again on 7 days. Stay Strong. Keep posting here keep telling it like it is for you. That helped me through more than anyone can know. Ciao, off to the river for the Polar Bear swim :-) Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Great going Madame P. Flowers, sunshine, rainbows, what wonderful images. Can't imagine how cold you must be and then I guess you are used to that. Minus 32 where my family lives! BRRRRRR. All good things to you today. Glad to hear you are rewarding yourself. Andrew Weil writes a lot about fresh flowers in his 8 weeks book. Congrats on 3 big lovely days. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 285 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
LOL LOL LOL LOL One, other joining in the cheering cry from across the yard. Sorry about the cold. Glad you are finding your space. Go for the net, the goal is nothing but getting across the ice. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 284 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2272 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Way to go on day 5. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
When we're stuck in troubled days We must learn to love each other Instead of going different ways We must try to get together Fly little Penguin, fly, way up high Spread your wings, sing out your cry 'Cross the universal sky If we love the Human race Peace should be your aspiration Let�s make this a better place Spread the word to every nation Fly little Penguin, fly, way up high Spread your wings, sing out your cry 'Cross the universal sky When a simple word is spoken It should be our guiding light If vows for peace are never broken Then the whole world will unite Fly little Penguin, fly, way up high Spread your wings, sing out your cry 'Cross the universal sky Fly little Penguin, fly, way up high Spread your wings, sing out your cry 'Cross the universal sky :) Change the world one flight at a time! You go! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
of course you can keep your confidence - you are seeing the truth and you are doing great. Knowledge IS power. Don't forget a reward for kicking Hell week's Ash... keep fightin' the good fight - fish :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 392 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
[quote] ...I will keep you under lock and key just throwing you the odd fish or two to keep you going ... [/quote] umm, I guess I'm the Todd-fish, Phil, and, if you can throw me at Penguin, well by all means, have at it... if it'll help ;)
Really glad to see you Penguin... [quote] HEALTH ENERGY MONEY SELF CONFIDENCE PEACE OF MIND COURAGE SELF-ESTEEM SELF-RESPECT TRANQUILITY FREEDOM [/quote] these things are all yours to be had. Demand them, Penguin - it is your right. Trust in yourself - You CAN do this, You WILL do this. life or death, live or die. There is only do, there is no try. CHOICE puts the FREE in freedom. No hurries, No worries. Keep on keepin' on. We're all pulling for you - if you need a little fish on a stick to chase, well, here I am. We are stronger in numbers. keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 385 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1925 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: