Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The Start of it All

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cheryl....just one of the newbies hoping to follow in your footsteps. Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know that it can be done! Congratulations on over one year smoke free! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 698 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smile Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,823 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $484 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Cheryl. Thanks! Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 156 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $624 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$54,498.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 15

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheryl, What a terrific post. We wish you well also and hope you're enjoying your smoke free life. All the best, Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post Cheryl! N.O.P.E. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 214 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,506 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1444.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Thank You! Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1920 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 418 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2090 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheryl. I think many have missed how special you really are. I'm so glad you have been here for the journey. When I think of the accomplishments we have achieved, your name comes to mind as a partner along the journey. Sweetpea... Where did that come from? That was GREAT! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 471 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1648.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheryl, Sending you thanks for being a part of my journey.. I agree that the freedom from smoking is FANTASTIC !!!!! and when I think back just a little over a year ago...ahhhhh the days to remember..... "Somewhere". We have found "a Place for Us" and "For Once in our Lives" "We Can't Help Believing" that the "Impossible Dream" can come true. We are living proof.....And so " You all Come" and "Walk Right In". Remember the "Two Faces Have I" that made us think we were "Talking Loud and Saying Nothing". "Take it "Easy", keep it "Gentle on My Mind", and if we are careful, they won't be "Coming to Take us Away". We have found that we did indeed survive and they didn't "Come to Take Us Away", but then we wondered, "Where all the Love has Gone" since we started this journey? And we were reminded that we need to "Cherish" this journey. Now we're saying...."It's a Miracle" "There is a kind of Hush" "I've Been Forgiven", and I'm in His Care". Yes, "It's a Miracle" cause we are "Learning to Live". We were not "Born To Late". We can still wear "Chantilly Lace", and sleep on "Satin Sheets". (bought with all our saved cig money). "It's All Up to Us" we can meet up at the "Copacabana" and dance under the stars. But remember, "It's Only A Paper Moon". I think we need more of these reminders occasionally to remind us how far we have come and what we have accomplished.... Luv, [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 410 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1840.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sitting here tonight, I am recalling the start of it all. What ever made me even dream that I could do this? I am old, I should not still feel that I have to prove myself or challenge myself. I should be sure of who I am, and what I still want out of this life. I need not be here fussing about whether I can quit smoking. Besides, I have already done it. I quit! I really did quit! Over a year ago, actually 15 months. Was it hard?..Well, I didn't die. I never wanted to. but to say it was a cinch, I would not go that far. I was so nervous the week before "the Day". Minute by minute I changed my mind about when, if, why, did I want to do it at all. A couple of nights before I finally got up the courage to write here. Some Duffis answered me and told me to relax. That everyone felt that way. Just stick with it and I could do it. So I read, and read, and read some more. And I stopped. And I didn't light up, I didn't stick a cig in my gob, or have a puff ever. Once in a while I had a craving, or a moment that I couldn't handle without telling someone about it. So I wrote here, I answered others, and offered them encouragement. And as I went along, I ventured to offer advice. I pulled people up on the wagon, became smober, went to parties, told stories, saw pippers, and wolves and had picnics. I met my friends in the woods, on the beaches, in the mountains, all over the country and a few other places. And we held on to each other. Some times we talked in the morning, others in the evening, some even the middle of the night. Always someone here. There were occasional misunderstandings because we were extreamly sensitive. But we stuck togeather. We made up slogans, we bought braclets, we shared secreats, and still some came and went time and again. Sometimes support was gentle and coaxing, at other times tough and demanding. And every once in a while just a good swift kick! The journey has continued...I hope the friendships will also. ANd because we are friends, sometimes we need a little room to breathe, or some support, or just someone to listen. And to know that we are accepted for who we are.......what ever that might be. Therefore, I wish for each of you a good journey, whether easy or hard , may it be a journey that last the rest of your live

Reading this thread: