Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Day 5 -Trying to change my mindset about smoking

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maria, Here's what I wrote in my journal on Day 6: [i]My feelings are so mixed about quitting. I am very proud, of course. But I�m also very tired. Tired of constantly focusing on it. Tired of talking about it. Tired of reading about it. I just want to feel like it�s done, it�s over. I�m weary of the obsession. But the obsession is part of it all, I suppose. It�s part of the healing, of the exorcism.[/i] Please know that you are not alone, and we are here to help. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 636 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2226 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 87 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$55,026.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 20

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4] Hi Maria, some of us just struggle with this, i know i sure did, i played so many mind games, i use to get so mad because i felt so crazy, but just one hour at a time one day, dont think as far as tomorrow even. You will get this done iam sure of it, Remember Impossible is just an Opinion,, everytime you make it over one hurdle the next one will be easier, Hang Tuff YOU CAN DO THIS Tresa[/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1494 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29,888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5229 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 205 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$14,627.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 0

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK kid, we need to have a talk. Today is Monday and I will like for you to take a peep at todays quote. It says it all. In your mind's eye begin to see this as not a struggle. Rather, a simple series of saying no, one smoke at a time, to achieve a significant goal. I make it sound simple. It is not. Yet, we all can deflect a craving long enough for it to go away (5 min max). Then, on and on and on and on till you are at day 7 and on and on and on. The key to this is having a bag full of effective coping tools handy when needed. Study on the left of the page and build such a bag. Till this day, I never put my pants on without having a piece of hard sugarfree candy in my pocket just in case. After eating I automatically suck on the candy. When I go to the Dollar General store, the lady says...'back for a couple of cartons are you?' It is a joke now and amuses folks. You can do this. Just look above me here at all the support that is waking in the wings. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1827 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109,645 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 377 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$122,674.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8388 Hours: 3

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: