Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Still hanging in there because of you guys

17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Friends, It is the start of Day 3 for me. Thanks for the cheers. It really means alot to me.I visit the sight often and anxiously look for replies and it has been so awesome to feel supported by all of you. It was weird today. I would get a crave and immediately all of your advice and encouragement would come to mind and I would shake it off and when I did that, a calm feeling of peace would come over me and I was happy with my decision to not cave in. I wrestled with the decision to finally stop smoking for about a month, facing the inevitable that I HAD to quit or more serious health issues would surface and I was scared. I had smoked for 30 years and always kidded myself that I would just stop when I turned 50 and I didn't. So I was mad at myself deep down.Now that I am 52 and went in for routine check up this past summer and was ordered to go for every test immaginable, I knew that the TIME had come to quit. I had some pretty scary moments learning if I had a heart blockage but it came back OK. How could I look fate in the eye and dare to keep on smoking when every doctor I saw in the last month urged me to quit? I'd be a fool to not listen. I feel so relieved to have finally set a quit date and do it. It has been 2 days now. I feel good still about making the commitment to stop. Now I know why Free at Last took that as a sign on name. Thank You again. Maria
17 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lady, Princess and Phil, Thanks for the support. It keeps me going. Phil, you are a hoot. I love your humor. It makes me laugh at what is a sad situation. Keep the good advice coming. You guys are a lifesaver. Maria
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maria where are you?????? I need to know you are still on board or have I missed something? Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Good girl Maria They should wrire a song about you'How do you solve a problem like Maria?' Cos you have solved it! Keep going Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Hi Maria I have always looked on the bright side of life! Always the optimist... Keep smiling my love you know how much nicer you look when you do!! And think of those clean white teeth now you dont smoke! me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maria, Congradulations on your 3rd day! I am on my 33rd day and I feel great! I dont cough,wheeze, choke or have chest pains anymore. It takes the body 3 days to rid itself of the addicting drug "Nicotine". Once you get that little monster out of your system, you should try to focus on how great it is NOT to smoke and how happy you are that you are NOW a nonsmoker and how much you enjoy not inhaling that poison into your lungs. The cigarette itself is nasty, it stinks, it taste terrible, it turns our fingers and teeth yellow not to mention the walls in our houses. Can you imagine what our lungs must look like? Nicotine is what keeps your brain wanting more and more of the drug, so now that your body is almost rid of it, you are FREE! Dont feel deprived, but instead feel GREAT about yourself, and have pity on those who still continue to suck on those nasty cancer sticks slowly killing themselves. Keep up the good work. Rock [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/thlips2.gif[/IMG] Hi Maria, Congratulations on 3 days, this is fantastic. Support is important in a quit so are rewards so make sure you reward yourself as often as you like. Rewards like a hot bubble bath, a cookie, an extra coffee break. Things like that :) You have such a positive attitude and its wonderful to see. Im smiling coz i remember getting to day 3 and feeling so proud of myself :) Way to go Maria, way to go PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maria :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maria, Congratulations! Three smoke free days is a great accomplishment and we are proud of you! Keep up with your reward system and distract yourself to chase away cravings. Keep us posted, Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Maria! Stay Strong - Stay Quit Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,072 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1522.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: