Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Reflections of an aging hippie

13 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Finally!
Found what I was looking for ... I hope it helps!
16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for the "Negotiation Process" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 728 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,188.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 123 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
appreciate this post. thanks for the bump. best wishes to all today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have read this today because the thread has been bumped. And it seems so appropriate to me right now. I wonder how you're doing Rob? My first 5 weeks or so were relatively easy. Then I lost my job. And since then, the days seem very very long and I ACHE most of the time actually. I don't crave a smoke - I just have this ache, this discomfort. Combined with which, I have always suffered from mood swings ranging from diagnised depression through to general blues. Right now, I feel relatively OK - BUT I have this strong urge that were I to go and buy a pack, in a couple of smokes time, I would be feeling really quite happy. And I don;t feel like that so much of the time and I WANT that feeling. God. I too am hanging on for the future. That's ALL that keeps me going. My Quit Counsellor tells me there is a "moment" for everybody. A eureka moment that generally comes at around 15 to 18 months. So I am trying to keep going for that length of time at least. But meantime, I am just one big scratchy ball of discomfort and ache and fristration! Those bits you have to tick as you log in - about craves and how strong they are. They don't seem to match me AT ALL. It isn't a craving for a cigarette that hits me. I don't think "Oh, I want to light up" I just don't want all of these other little nasty uncomfortable blighters sitting on my shoulders. Rob, I hope you're still here. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �294 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to see some oldies still here! Figuratively speaking, of course. ;p Congrats, Rob!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,079 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have always valued your insight and reflections, I called it "refreshing" way back at the start of the thread, but I think it's more that, maybe a connection with my generation's way of thinking. Whatever it is, my quit continues to fit what you describe and somehow that gives me a lot of comfort. Good luck to you Rob47, sincere congratulations to you on one year and here's to renegotiation. My best regards to you, Lilly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,441 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1405 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$295,184.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 9

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity, Have you been keeping up with your rewards? Until that eureka moment & other times of happiness come, giving yourself something tangible or pursuing interests that bring pleasure may help lift your mood. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump Fish! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity- first of all, I can't believe this old thread got bumped!! Secondly...yes, I'm still here, but don't mistake lack of posting to equal relapsing or some such. To every thing there is a season and while this site helped a lot in the beginning, I tend to connect rarely and lay low now as I think newer quitters know best what they need from each other...at least that was how it was for me. I still have tough times with it...also have good times. That's life. Keep up the good quit. Hi Rusty! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 344 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3096 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: