Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

LONG STORY AND GOOD BYE

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Mr. Duffis - I was just thinking that if I had known about this site over a year ago, around when you quit, I would be up to over 1,300 days quit by now, and holding, and not just the 70-something I'm at now. About 3-1/2 years ago, I quit, and slipped badly after 2-1/2 years. It took about a year to make the decision to quit again - it was much tougher the 2nd time - because I knew it had to be for good. Reading only some of your posts since I've been here, I really think that I might still be on my 1st and only quit if I'd found this site, and your and others' support before now. Thank-you for your eloquent contributions. Take care, sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,916 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $684 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis & Roxanne, I am new here, Thanks so much for sharing your story. I wish you all (including the kids (we have 6) the very best. I am on another site and it has changed recently also. People come and go for different reasons. Sorry I didn't have a chance to know you better, but will remember your touching story and it is a big help to me. Thank You dawghouse [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis, What I storey, I almost came to tears reading it. Thank you for sharing that. I am brand new here. I have gotten alot of support from just about every one. I hope you may reconsider about not leaving the place for good. There are people on here that can still benifit from your insite. Well I will just say thank you, good luck, and God Bless you and your wife. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bob, I wish you and Pete well! You are both fantastic quitters! I don't check in here as much as I used to... hell, I used to live on this site and have now found out that there IS life after the SSC. Who woulda thought? But when I checked in today, I had to sign in to say thank you for all you have done for me in my quit. I am a happy ex-smoker and I owe a portion of that to you, my friend. Take care. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1197.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're welcome back anytime. Just drop in. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,362 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $251.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis, I am pretty new here but I wanted to say that I wish you the best BUT more then that..... I WISH YOU WOULD STAY. As a new person here on this site, just reading your posts and your experiences and your wisdom has gotten me through some really tough times. I don't always post but I read, read, read, so now I must say thank you and please reconsider. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis, Thank you for everything you have done for me and all the quitters who needed you. If there were more people like you the world would be a better place. I wish you and Roxanne all the best for the rest of your life. A special rose is the thank you present I have for you both. I really hope that you will come back to this site now and then. God bless you both. From The Netherlands love Fini. [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n144/dutch_honey/x1pM0jCSUoiRhBsYINf_fojmkSjuzVFTjnn.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,352 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �395.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis, The moderators of the SSC would like to thank you for all your contributions to our forums and congratulate you and your wife on your milestones. Your initiative, leadership and ability to mentor others has made you an asset to the SSC. Although you may be leaving, the shinning example you have set will continue to inspire many. We wish you all the best! Danielle ____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis, I know what you mean about some people here - don't you think though that it could be down to the general moodiness experienced during the quit? I respect your decision, but request that you change your mind. You have so much to offer the rest of us. Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
duffis, 1st, congratulation's on your quit, as well as Roxannes' quit 2nd, thank you for your support and encouragement 3rd, thank you for your support and encouragement of others who had a direct impact on my quit, as well as "HUNDREDS" of others. I haven't been on the SSC as long you but I know that many of the posts by others have been influenced by you. Your support and encouragement live on and will continue to help others for many years to come. You, my friend, will in one way or another, touch THOUSANDS of people in helping them quit the habit. once again THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: