Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

A new me is born

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4][color=orange]WOW!!! THANK YOU![/size][/color] As always, I am touched and awestruck by the outpouring of support here at this site! Thank you all! You are all so awesome! Thank you Phillip, Breaking Free, Roxy, Beto, Martha, Marie, Ladybugg, doodlebug, Luna, and Duffis for your support! I honestly wouldn't be here without all of you! You are all awesome! Absolutely incredible! Josie and all of the support staff, thank you once again for all you do here. I really hope that none of you go a day without knowing how much you truly impact lives here at the SSC. I'm sure what you do is often a thankless job, but I do want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you so much for everything!!! Lady, it's nice to be back! :) Thanks! ItsIronic, you [b]are[/b]IT!!! Thank you so much! BonBon, Thank you. Yes, you will be here before you know it! I'm so glad to see that you recognize the importance of rewards! I didn't for a long time in my quit, but once I did, the quit got easier. Yes, my reward was a shirt and I'm going to the fair with my niece on Monday. Thanks for asking! :) Mr. Ed, I can't wait until you and the rest of the lot join us at the 6-12 Club! I'll be waiting with anticipation! Thanks! Hurstlk, I don't know anything about childbirth, but I can imagine that quitting is much like it. I hope to find out one day... but not anytime soon! :8o: Thanks for the support and the kind words! Shevie, I too learned to ride a bike without training wheels. I always thought my parents were just too cheap to get them for me! :8o: It turns out, I did alright without them... after the first few falls. I think the training wheels are there more as a pacifier than anything else... just like smoking. So glad I don't need either (cigarettes or training wheels) now! Although if I tried to ride a bike now, I might need those training wheels! They say that you never forget how to ride a bike! I bet I can prove somebody wrong on that one! :8o: ;p Cherie, you have no idea how happy I am to see you quitting again!!! That's the best 9 month anniversary present I could possibly get! I'm so happy! :) Glad to have you back! Thanks again everyone! You truly are fantastic! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Mila
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
9 months! [size=4][color=red]NINE MONTHS!!!!!!!!![/color][/size] A person could have been born in this amount of time, and you know what? One was! ME! I really do feel like a new person. A whole metamorphosis has taken place in my mind, my body, my soul and my life. :) And like childbirth, there were many pains along the way. I have struggled, whined, been depressed and cried, and in spite of my many mistakes, I have not given up. If you�re new to quitting, get ready for life changes because quitting changes you, no matter what! I was always the type of person who hated change! I liked living in the same house my whole life. I didn�t want to move around. I still have the same hairstyle that I had when I was 16 years old� and don�t even TRY to get me to change THAT!!! If I hadn�t wrecked my car, I would still be driving the same car that I had when I was a teenager� and I will probably keep the one I have now for at least a good 10 years! But like it or not, when you quit smoking, you change. But don�t be afraid� these changes are good. Through quitting, you become stronger. You become more able to handle tough situations, not just in reference to quitting, but all of life�s difficulties. Quitting also builds patience. When we quit, we keep getting told �soon.� These wonderful people here will tell you time and time again that whatever you�re going through WILL get better and that you won�t feel like this forever, and they�re right. But getting to that point takes patience. Many of us don�t have much patience to begin with and I can�t think of any other single act that can build patience quite like quitting can (many might say raising children, but I don�t have any of my own, so I can�t say for sure about that one). Quitting also builds compassion. I have far more compassion now for people who quit smoking than I did before I quit. Boy, I hated those �ex-smokers� before I quit! I had no appreciation for what they went through to get to that point. Now, I truly understand and commend anybody who is able to do this, no matter how they accomplish the task� just as long as they do! But quitting has also given me compassion in other areas as well. I now have more compassion for people breaking any addiction, whether it be dru
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's amazing. Congratulations, and Happy Birthday! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $169 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, What a beautiful post. Sooo inspirational and so true. Thank you so much for being you. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$172,092.53

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6642 Hours: 5

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Incredible...congratulations, I can't wait until I can be there but just watching you and reading your posts gives me so much hope. Reward yourself nicely, you really deserve it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post an congrats :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 689 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TOOT YOUR HORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A CELEBRATION IS IN ORDER!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WHAT A MILESTONE!!!!!!!!!! By the way, your comparison between quitting and childbirth is right on target. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][b][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/GJ-Congratulations02.gif[/IMG] PAM [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/bearhug.gif[/IMG] 9 months is Awesome! Your Quit looks good on you![/b][/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,488.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 16

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam...congratulations....u inspire me! well done...you're going all the way for sure! your posts get me thru the tough days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 9 months is fantastic! See you soon at the 6-12 club Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: