Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Torturing poor sales associates

17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly swimmer, that is pretty funny stuff. I know I have only been on my quit for 3 days, but I have had some little experiences. I have caught myself driving and all of a sudden opening my window, like I am ready to light up. I have got a chuckle out of it each time it happens. The other one may not be really that funny, but I can smell things again. I went to get something out of my girlfriends car and could smell her perfume, I hugged her and could smell the perfume the rest of the afternoon, then I get home and she hugs me and I just sit there smelling her hair spray. I guess the funny part is how much I enjoy these new smells!!! J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny stuff BFS. Flatlander....I am ROFL with tears. Pretty weird and I can totally relate ;p NOPERS, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 494 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,897 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Pam, I read this as [i]torturing[/i] poor sales associates. Morbid curiosity made me look ;p Still withdrawing. Funny read. Thanks. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 102 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that Pam! Know where your coming from and I will give my local newsagents similar treatment in the near future Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �907.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm lovin' this Pam. I would often pick up smokes at a local, family owned grocery store. I would stop for milk or fresh produce and get smokes as well. Seems like I bought smokes even when I didn't need them just so I wouldn't run out. I've been going to that store for more than 10 years and the owners know me well. They would automatically reach for the Matinee Extra Mild King's as soon as I reached the check out. I had to stop going to that store! I was afraid of the temptation and their automatic reach for the cigarettes. I would just make do with whatever was in the house for groceries or would send my husband for milk. When I was finally had enough courage to enter that store again, the woman said "hello, haven't seen you for awhile, have you been on a holiday?". She was so cheerful and my response was some muddled, hurried, wierd thing about being fearful of the merchandise, of the scary products in their store. She gave me the strangest look and stop short with her chatter. I then bought my milk, said I don't smoke anymore, and ran out of the store. She has never really spoken to me since!! The situation must have been even wierder than I thought. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 373 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2685.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You put a smile on my face indeed! Great share. Do you have anymore? Cinda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is really really funny to me because when my son was in college, he had to take a job at walmart. This is exacly the kind of funny stories he used to have for us at night, only from the clerk's perspective. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$74,921.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6522 Hours: 15

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]He looked very puzzled and said, "It makes no sense to me why you would buy cigarettes and not smoke them." I said, "it makes more sense than buying cigarettes and smoking them!!!" [/quote] I love it!!! Thanks Pam! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$54,488.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 15

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, Thanks for sharing these great stories! A funny take on transitionning to being a non-smoker. Danielle ______________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Reminds me of all my days in retail. Thanks for the laugh this morning! Cheers, Skidoo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 499 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: