Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,484 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Me too!! I just can't seem to shake this craving. It's lasted for 3 hours so far. I even tried to nap to get rid of it, but got woken up. This sux so bad. I just made myself a cocktail. That will either relax me or push me farther into a craving. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im with you all everthing was going fine then all of a sudden the cravings this evening really have started up bad, I took the dogs for a walk so that helped a bit. but now I thing few glasses of wine and to bed and start a new day tomorrow
  • Quit Meter

$363,232.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6522 Hours: 4

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, Try some physical activity to get rid of that nicotine related anxiety. You've been working your mind all day, why not your body? Plus your brain can't think about it's low levels of nic if it's dead tired! Keep persevering! Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Philip, I was already tucked up in bed in the UK when you posted. In your post to Hummy, you say 'I feel like a whinner and I am on the verge of tears. I know I won't smoke. There is nop way I want to start all this over or even torment myself with the idea of starting/stopping that tug of war ... way too painful.' 'I feel like a whinner' indeed, drop the 'h' from that word, RD and we have 'winner', a 100 day plus winner! Yes - you know you won't smoke (and you have stated this in a previous post).I know that I won't smoke. Isn't this all that matters? The tears, the cravings, will THEY kill you? Accept the cravings in the knowledge that they will pass and, as you recognise you will have a good day today. I hope that you are feeling better this morning. Mr Ed :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HOLD ON!!!!!!! This will pass! I had a semi hard day but I have made it past the worst now. Phillip, you have been such a rock in my quit so far. Look at your stats...makes me want to be that far into my quit! Your amazing and you can get past this crave, you know you can! Keep your quit, keep it!! How are you doing now? Are you feeling any better yet?! Hang on for dear life!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, Ditto buddy, that was me yesterday! Quite a few times I was thinking about cigarettes - I really don't want to smoke a cigarette but it bothers me - why am I wasting time thinking about it, when I have not thought about it for a couple of days! It's weird how the crave monster can come out of nowhere - but I had my guard up (such a suspicious person am I) however I was a total crabby patty almost all day (stayed in my cubicle) and minded my own. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,186 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys, I'm sorry that all of you are having a hard time today. :(I hope you can stay strong, the nico-demon is trying to get his smelly claws on you. Don't let him!! he's evil :eg:and he will kill you!! I'm sending good vibes your way... Trudy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $218.27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip- One moment at a time. Gentle down the energy and just stick with N.O.P.E. Hold on tight to yourself. And ride it like a wave. The good news is it will pass. The trick is just holding on tight until it passes - and it will. Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $418.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip - Lady is out of town this weekend so I will stand in for her. Breathe in and breathe out...breathe in and breathe out. Lie down and close your eyes and relax your toes, your calves, your knees all the way up to your brain. Put on some nice jazz and have a nice evening - well it's almost over at this point - sorry I was so late in chiming in. Some days just sux and that's all there is to it. I know that you are not going to smoke - we just need to find a way to squash this junkie inside of all of us. We're here for you - you know that we are! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5858 Hours: 15

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is one long crave. I have been doing work where I would typically have gotten up and smoked every half hour or so. I got a lot done today but man I am agitated and on edge like you wouldn't believe. Or would you? It seems that I just plain crave, the thought of smoking is on the edge of my consciouness every moment today. I know, it should be different and it will all end on Tuesday, and, I am having a hard time today. Getting a grip, changing my thoughts and doing all of the stuff that helps me cope just seems difficult today. There is also a thought of what the heck is this all worth it, what am I really accomplishing, lots of addict B.S. AND I am shackey and aggitated and just plain crawley. Thought I would post this and see what comes back. I know you can't change what happens for me; however, your responses certainly make the going easier. The road seems smoother when I know there are others there with me. Thanks for reading look forward to hearing from you. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $787.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: