Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Day One

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you planned ahead? What are you going to do instead of smoking? You will have an extra 2 to 4 hours of free time on your hands now that you do not smoke? Don't let yourself start thinking 'well, what do I do now?' Add some new things to your life. Start living! Congrats on making the decision to quit. May that courage stay with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$54,516.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this Aliebling. If you need a pep talk, to vent, etc. ... post ... we'll be here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 501 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,516.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aliebling, So far, so good. Keep going. Start planning for tommorrow. That'll keep you busy and help you get through tommorrow. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aliebling, Welcome to the SSC! Delaying the start of your quit is the easiest thing in the world to do - you haven't, so I'd say you are prepared and ready to go. Use this site and all its tools to assist you - it's certainly helped me get this far! Best wishes, Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �780 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
stay strong! you can do this!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alison, Great decision on quitting!! I think it is the most important thing that we can do in our life! I am only 30+ days into my quit but have that feeling inside that this is the one quit that will stick. Now I think that I am feeling this way is because I have stuck it out through some really touch times and took to heart what I researched the subject about what smoking does to our bodies. You know how when you are a kid and it seems like everything is a mountain that seems sooo difficult to climb at times? And then how when you get older you look back and think how silly I was to have had such a hard time with those EASY problems? Well, this is the same kind of thing. We just need to grow-up (or out) of smoking. Get only the major hump and mature as a non-smoker. I know it is worth every crave, craze and horrible day that we have and will go though while quitting. YOU (WE) CAN DO THIS!!! Best, Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 729 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I must have reached for my pack about 5 times when I left to get coffee... luckily it wasn't there! And my date came over already just to hang around the house with me, so I was distracted from wanting to smoke for a few hours, and won't be going out tonight to be tempted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Ok, I'm breaking my "no leaving the house" rule to go get coffee. And I think I might have a date tonight. Today is going to be more dangerous than I thought!
No more smoking for me. I was out late last night and even decided to officially quit at midnight, so no smoke on the walk home from the bar. I would have had to go buy a whole new pack and just smoke one or two, and we all know I would have picked it out of the garbage today... I'm not going to leave my house today except when I go running, just so I CAN'T smoke because there are no cigs to me had. Luckily I have a deck to enjoy the sunshine! I'll keep updating throughout the day to keep myself motivated. The hardest is the actual starting the quit, I think - if I get past that "Doesn't Monday sound like a better day to quit?" hump that's been the last three months for me, I'm halfway there. Alison [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Alison, May I reccomend to You to slow those horses down, and get in the slow lane, One Hour, One Day at a time, Or You will be right back to square one, You have to sacrafice somewhat if You want this quit bad enough, make it Your TOP PRIORITY, For the next 2 or 3 months, and then continue Your journey, because that nickodemon will be watching You like a hawk to wait for a slip-up, and Gosh, does He know when to move inn, O'Yeow, So try to get that Eye of the Tiger Friend, because You will need it, Smokeless In Oklahoma :)
  • Quit Meter

$26,901.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 15

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: