Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Inspirational Quotes - Bring It On

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[B] �The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.�[/b] Mignon McLaughlin
17 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I first got on this website there was a very long thread dedicated to quotes and inspirational sayings. I wrote five or six of my favourites down and posted them on my mirror and kept a copy in my purse. If we did the things we were capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison. The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2584.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And my favorite........ [color=pink]If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill[/color] Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,622 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $925.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Here are a few more I keep close by me. [color=purple]Aim at the sun and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if you had aimed at an object on a level with yourself. F. Hawes [/color] [color=green]Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic. � Anonymous[/color] [color=blue]You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day. Marian Wright Edelman[/color] [color=orange]Mishaps are like knives that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle. James Russell Lowell[/color] [color=red] Do not bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. Willam Faulkner[/color] Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,622 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $925.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
My favorite is... You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 213 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $879.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Christine, Here is my favorite that I post regularly in other threads, usually as replies to newbies... [b][color=blue]"May we never let the things we can't have, or don't have, or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. As we value our happiness, let us not forget it, for one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be happy without the things we cannot or should not have."[/color] [color=black]Richard L. Evans[/color][/b] The bottom line... you CAN live without cigarettes and still have a rich, fulfilling and rewarding life! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 378 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $926.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$36,343.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9771 Hours: 0

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b]"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing."[/b] Abraham Lincoln [b]"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome."[/b] Booker T. Washington [b]"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."[/b] Arnold Schwarzenegger [b]"Whatever the struggle, continue the climb. It may be only one step to the summit."[/b] Diane Westlake Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1455.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The heights by great men reached and kept Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 373 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1417.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CobenFan,,, I don't know whether this is Inspirational to a lot of You, It all depends on how You view it through Your eyes, After I had quit on this website for about a week or so, A movie came on Television which I had seen before, But it really influenced me to stay quit, its called, '' ROCKY,'' And the music was, ''THE EYE OF THE TIGER,'' Will after seeing that movie an hearing that music, I supose that eye of the tiger rubbed off me, because I never looked back after that, it was full speed ahead, AND, I'm still Smokeless In Oklahoma after 3 years, :)
  • Quit Meter

$26,896.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 12

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i][quote][center]"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always gotten![/i][/center][/quote]I think that means a little behavioral modification from time to time is a good thing. Hence, the ole' smokem' if you gottum' does not apply here. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 355 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$122,658.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8386 Hours: 22

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: