Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

My first MAJOR test

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean about taking the hit for things that you didn't do wrong. Sometimes doing that is easier than arguing over it. LOL! I'm really glad to hear that things went well. Hindsight is always 20/20, eh? I don't why I build something up ... the build up is usually always worse than the actual event ... kinda like building up to quit ... once you do it ... you realize it was not as bad as you had imagined. You'd think I'd learn my lesson. Why I can't remember this little saying is beyond me: [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/tomorrow.jpg[/IMG] :p Anyways ... again ... I am really happy that things did not get as stressful as you thought they were going to. The less obstacles we have in these early days of our quit the better! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at the bright side ... tomorrow you are going to start a new habit ... a healthy one ... handling 'upsets' by relying on yourself and not a crutch. When we make mistakes we must own them and do what we can to fix them. If we are not the ones who made the mistake, we can be assertive and let others know that this wasn't our mistake but that we'd be happy to do whatever is needed to help fix the situation. It is hard to give exact advice without knowing how your boss is, but regardless ... you'll be able to get through this ... You can do it Nascarfan ... I know you can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you are venting here instead of with a cig! You know, there are going to be a million little stresses and big stresses everyday. We are ex-smokers. Ex-smokers do not need cigs to get through stress, just as non-smokers do not. You will get through this! Good Luck and Keep us Posted! Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$44,973.72

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 0

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Nascar! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/wave.gif[/IMG] First off, I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from!!! I spent 5 years now as the Customer Service Manager for a major Health Care Corporation. I had MANY of these situations where I knew what was coming... I knew it was just going to flat-out be miserable. I knew my higher-ups weren't going to take any of the heat either, but were gladly going to dish it out. It was a nice little Bingo-Sandwich of pissed-off-edness. [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/down.gif[/IMG] Hoooooboy does it stink eh?! Anyways, there are two things that leap immidiately to mind - both are quotes from the "Junkie Thinking" thread. They are two things that have really stuck with me through my quit: [b] I really need to smoke right now. I'm so upset.[/b] [i]Smoking is NOT GOING TO FIX ANYTHING. I will still be upset. I'LL JUST BE AN UPSET SMOKER. I never HAVE to have a cigarette. Smoking is not a NEED; it's a WANT. Once the crisis is over, [u] I'll be relieved and grateful that I'm still not smoking.[/u][/i] [b] I need one to get me through this. [/b] [i]Smoking will not get me through the discomfort of not smoking. [u]It will only get me back to smoking[/u] One puff stops the process and I'll have to go through it all over again. [/i] For me, I printed out the whole thing and have it taped right in front of my face at my desk so I see it all day long. If you didn't see it, you can read the whole list here: [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=12&topic=28384]Junkie Thinking Thread[/url] I would also make sure and keep some Starburst around (chewy goodness!) and some Werther's (hard candy fun!) around for that Kung-Fu Mouth Action that would surely be needed for me! Anyways, please stay close by and check in with us often and we will all get past this hump together! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heh. Okay, I thought this is kinda funny: I replied to your post, but I took so stinking long to type out my long-winded reply, YOUR post actually came after mine! Even though mine is time-stamped before yours! Wierd, eh? It must stamp the time right when you first click reply. Anyways, I just thought it was kinda funny. I hit the 'reply' button - it takes me to the thread, and there's already YOUR post below mine! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am going to have my first major test of will tomorrow. I work in catering and there is a wedding in 2 weeks. I was going through to make sure the alcohol forms were in for all our wedding this summer. Since we are the University we have a strict policy about having alcohol in our facility. Well, there was no form in. They never turned one in. I talked to them on the phone today to explain the situation and boy that sucked. Of course they think they did turn it in but there are no forms on record anywhere and we would have at least 2 copies around. They want us to cut our prices back since they think it was our mistake. Well, a lot of wedding parties forget to fill out our form because they fill out all the paperwork at the vendor they are using that our (the University) forms just get put by the wayside. Ugh I just know my manager is going to peg this on me. Granted between me and my manager we are supposed to check on these things but April & May are so busy I barely have time to answer my phones and put orders in. I am just the bottom of the pole and she won't take responsibilty because she never makes mistakes, I have learned over the past 3+ years. I am just sick to my stomach because I know its gonna suck. The customers are pissed and now my manager is going to be pissed and I am going to get the wrath of everyone. I just have to suck it up, but I know there will be tears and cravings involved. Give me strength! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
I will not smoke but I know that its gonna be at the forefront of my mind...hopefully not but just being realistic. That would have been the first thing I would have done, today even, when I found out there was a major problem. Maybe today will be the worst of it?! We will see. I am just trying to be ready and wanted to vent! Thanks for letting me! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Well, things went way better than expected. Actually my worst time was last-night anticipating what was going to happen. I came to the realization that I had done everything right and I just needed to explain that to my boss. It had slipped my mind that I DID call all the wedding parties in March to remind them about the deadlines on alcohol service. My manager KNEW that I did because her office is right across and she heard me calling and leaving massages! Woowoo! So we gave them a discount just because the customer is always right! *eye roll* but it was not on me, yay! I am 100% willing to accept responsibility for mistakes I make, sometimes I take blame for things that I didn't do wrong! And hubby took my car and so I had his. I took my son out to the park and he had a pack of smokes on the seat with 1 left, UGH! If I was going to cave it would have been right then, since I was so stressed. I threw the pack under the seat and went on my way. Out of sight out of mind! YAY ME!!! Thanks for all the encouragement! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi NascarFan - Doesn't sound like fun :( Is there any way that they can fax it into your office? What we need to do is get you prepared for the worst so if it's not too bad you'll be surprised! So...cut up those straws for sucking through, get some twizzlers, sugar free hard candies, take deep breaths and make sure that your boss knows that you are in the process of the first week of quitting smoking this week - take a hanky with you, DO NOT USE this as an excuse to stop your quit! You are at the very end of Hell week and I know that you don't want to do this again! Be honest with your boss about the paperwork...maybe it's not too late to get it right! She may just take that task over for you since you aren't in a very good place right now. Know that we are behind you 100% cheering you on. This is what is exciting about quitting - we've been dealing with stress with a cig for so long - now we have to think of something else! cookie anyone?? Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,550.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 16

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi NascarFan - I was wondering about this yesterday...I'm so glad that things turned out so much better than expected! and Way To Go on throwing hubbies cig under the seat. I hope that you will be such an example to him that he will quit as well. My hasn't tho - still smoking like a smokestack! Have A GREAT day! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 924 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $184 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,550.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 16

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: