Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

i dont think i can do this

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bambi, Stay strong, look at your quit meter your are at 48 day quit! This is something you should be SO proud of! Make good use of your coping mechanisms! Keep us posted. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hang in there...you can do it!!!!
18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's right bambi you ARE doing it!! You defeated the ugly beast head on. Keep looking at your meter. 48 DAYS!!! And the most impressive thing is you've not smoked almost 1500 cigarettes. OMG that is alot especially since that is in under 2 months. So impressed I am. It's people like you who I look to when I want to forget this quit. I see how hard it is for you, I look at your meter and see you haven't caved and then I realize that I can do that too. You can do it, yes you can! Blessings, Nicole [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bambi! Have you rewarded yourself with all the money you have saved so far? What about a new pair of jeans or a nice top? SHOES??? Spring is here I'm sure you would love to treat yourself to new sandals or something springtime-sweet for yourself! I really have the feeling we test ourselves to see how far we have come, and maybe that is what you are doing now and also looking for some affirmation that you are due a reward. Well I think you just proved to yourself how much you want this quit. Sure you could go out anytime and get what you are arguing about with yourself or you can make it easy by changing your mind and going clothes shopping instead. Or get a movie or music cd. Something fun. And you will be able to live alot longer to enjoy it. You have to be good to yourself bambi, you're doing a great job! 48 DAYS IS AWESOME BAMBI!!! KEEP COMMIT TO YOUR QUIT!!!! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey bambi... Misery loves company! Your not alone. Hang in there! I have emotions like that everyday as well. Lots of times, I sit here at the computer waiting for someone to go on the IM so I can talk the feeling away. You have 48 days in... be proud! Please remember that your not alone... we're all in this together. Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bambi... Bummer to hear that the Nicodemon got to you... :( You made it 48 days... stand proud of that! Try again girl... you know were all hoping you do it! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $249.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad your back Bambi! Picking up the pieces can be so torturing sometimes!! You really have to re-live your decision. Good or bad. It is always a personal choice on the quit meter. I am just very happy you decided to give this another try. I agree with what everyone said here. Your desire to not smoke must outweigh your desire to smoke. Obviously you have the desire to not smoke, or you would have not made it 48 days. Now look inside of you and find that strength and go kick some Nicodemon's A**. Get pumped up and excited about this quit!! It doesn't have to torture you. Embrace it and keep it safe. Gather knowledge and play mind tricks with yourself. Just keep on remembering that you are healing now. Your body is forgiving you. Earn its respect back!! You can do it this time! We are here for you. Here is my hand. Grab it and lets walk down this road together! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bambi, I have heard that the more times you quit, the easier each quit gets. You have to learn each and every time why you slipped. And prepare for those situations the next time you quit. Don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up; dust yourself off; and jump right back on the wagon. Be stronger than the addiction. Stop fighting it and start controlling it. Take your life back!!!!! You can do it!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.61 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bambi- Hang in there girl....yes you can do this. And you can do it for the rest of your life. It will get a whole lot easier, I promise. Right now just focus on giving it another day, then tomorrow you can deal with tomorrow. Your life is so worth the effort. Go back to day 1 coping mechanisms if you need to, take the day off from work, go have a message....just get yourself somewhere safe, in to something that will keep you occupied for a while. Maybe being here is the answer for you, after all, you cared enough about your quit to come here and post before you caved in. Always remember NO SMOKING EVER, N.O.P.E. Keep it up....you can do this Sheila [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to thank you all for the support and kind words they made me cry because i blew it, I went back out and bought some I just couldn�t take the torment any longer. I just wanted to get back to that comfortable feeling and be rid of the anguish, but what I didn�t realise at the time was that I just replacing one anguish with another. I now have the feeling of failure added to all the reasons why I wanted to stop smoking in the first place. I used to enjoy a drink and a smoke and if I am going to be honest them first few cigs I had felt good, they tasted disgusting but hell you can�t have everything can you, but I know I will be right back to wanting to stop straight away. But now all I feel is regret. Regret because I could not find the strength to keep this battle up, because this is a battle a very hard one. Regret that I let my 11 year old son down, he cried when he saw that I was smoking. Regret that my other children were so obviously disappointed but did not say much because they knew how hard I tried. My partner said �I knew you wouldn�t be able to do it�, but he was never a very good source of support, he has never smoked and so doesn�t have a clue. So here I am drinking and smoking, but what do I do next, I am already having to clear my throat and that is only after a few cigs. I have to decide if I am going to go back to smoking full time or get back on the quit wagon. At the beginning of this year I wrote down a list of things I wanted to do to improve myself, top of the list was stop smoking that was the most important to me, it still is. My mum died of lung cancer a few years ago and I know that is how I will end up if I can�t stop smoking.. Why does it have to be so hard. I would never have made it to 48 days without all my invisible friends out there and i thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know i am rambling rather but i am just trying to sort out what i am going to do. I know i do not want to go back to waking in the morning and the first thought being a cigerette and having to clear my throat all the time and smelling like an old ash tray. I quite liked the new me. So i have decided i will chuck out the cigs and start again.Wish me luck i'm gonna need it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/

Reading this thread: