Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Tail Between Legs

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am glad you decided against the path of least resistence. Yes it will be hard again I am sure but in the long run it's supposed to be for the best so I hear. Just take it day by day you know how to handle this Stubow and we are all here for you like always. Remeber: No Smoke, No Choke, No Croak! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhh man! I know that must be so hard on you! You were doing so well. Just hang in there! I really don't know what to say....it just sux Stubow and I know you are feeling it right now. I am so sorry. Come back to us...leave the smokes behind....we are here for you and you know that! You are such an inspiration to me and I am sure others. Don't forget that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
StuBow: Now that's the attitude that I expect from you. Get back on the wagon and come here to vent. We will be here for you like allways. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,863 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $710 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a shock! it just goes to show that we cannot let our guard down ever. You just have to dust yourself down and get on with it again. Whatever you do, learn from this slip - and don't let it happen again!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 422 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �87.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS] StuBow... take your right hand and slap yourself 7 times !! No more 2 pack breaks okay ??? You must have really been spaced out to do that.. Hope you are back for good.. Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Big Guy, I hope its not too late to get a message to you. I haven't been around for a week or so and just saw your message yesterday. I'm not sure if I want to hug you or give you a good swift kick you know where. You already took a good beating and were brave enough to face the music in the first place, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that I know you can do this, don't wait until mid April, get your behind back here now, even if you have a few smokes, better that you hang out here to help you get back on track. Today's "Quote of the Day" is very good, I hope you see it. Love Ya!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 864 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$49,046.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 11

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awww Stu, You bet we wish you luck. We quit around the same time...am going to miss you...hurry back [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu, you are killin' me here... This was a tough weekend for me as well. I watched my wife smoke while we worked in the yard and it was a really tough. I wanted to 'borrow' a puff from her so bad... I'm not sure why I didn't. We are still quit-mates from January '06 and I'll stand by ya. I have not been on the site as frequent as in the past since I have had such a long time without a smoke. Maybe 60 days isn't out of the woods like we thought. Leave that last smoke in the pack as a reminder. You don't have to smoke it just because its there. It doesn't matter where you are going. Your decision to go is the important thing. Stavin' off that Cravin' Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,781 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu - I feel gutted for you!! The main thing is you 'came clean' so that shows a measure of accountability which is admirable. My advice is, press on, keeping your eyes fixed on the price. This is something that constantly needs our efforts and attention - and yes, I agree, a decision that must be re-affirmed every day until such time as smoking just doesn't enter your head anymore. No, you shouldn't have given in to temptation, but what's done is done. Be honest with yourself why you did it, and then don't dwell on it - jump back on the wagon. The fact that you have told us all suggests to me you still want this quit, you just have to be much more careful in the future - plus it's a warning to us all, that even after a couple of months, or whatever time we have been quit, we simply cannot afford to become complacent. Stu - we are still 100% here for you - so stick around and keep the quit!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �81.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stubow - glad to see you jumping back on the horse. I've been in your shoes many times and I failed many times and many times I let the shame keep me down. Smoking because I felt weak - feeling weak because I was smoking. You know the drill, now - don't fall for it. Indeed, hold your head high. I'm proud of you for coming here and telling us (I don't know that I would have been able to do that). Share your weakness, let us help. Many here look up to you, myself included. Now hang on tight, brother. choice puts the free in freedom. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $410 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: