Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Emphysema

18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Cuddles Thanks much for the bump. Powerful stuff here. I actually got very emotional as I have done the hospital gig with my mom for a decade now. We put her in a nursing home (no choice). She does not know me or my sisters names. When she sees us it is because we will be taking her outside to feed her devil. Again, she doesnt know my name....when she sees me, she sees a pack of smokes. That is all she cares about. It is hard to even just forget that she is still alive waiting for me to show up so she can smoke. (I know that sounds cruel....but it has been a long 10 years) CUDDLES WHAT GOING ON WITH YOU MOM??? Been a week or so since you updated. Hows being home for her and YOU?? Thanks much for the emphysema info. You have helped me so much. Sweet Regards Kare [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 701 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic I will give your suggestion a try. My moms doc never suggested to tell her she doesn't smoke. I did ask the doc, when will she forget she smokes and he said probably never. This was never really a problem for me though until I quit, as if I spent more then an hour with her, I would WANT to go outside and smoke. Thanks Nonic!! Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles - I wish I could just gather you up and give you a big ol hug. Keep strong my friend - don't let your mom's smoking get to you. She is a big girl and chooses to smoke. You Don't - you are one awesome Non-Smoker! It is so disappointing when things like that happen - Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,047 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,550.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 18

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cuddles, My thought and prayers are with you, I know how hard this must be. I have watched you struggle, but get right back up brush yourself off and get back on that horse again. You have the determination and courage of a lion. You know what you want and you go get it. Wow look at those 46 days, I know how proud you are. In 4 more days you will be on the Cruise ship, on your way to the beach. Its time to put yourself first, I know that you love your Mom but she has made her choice and as sad as it, only she can change. We were all in her shoes at one time. You are in my prayers. Just keep posting and reading, and keep your courage high. Don't let your guard down for one second. Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$229,979.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 3

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, wow what a message. I feel like I have been to a class on emphysema. Thank you so much...... :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$229,979.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

:quest:Cuddles, I know what you are going through with your mother. My sister has all of the health conditions your mother has. She is on full time oxygen and is home bound. When she has to go to the Dr. it takes us 30 min just to get her to the car. This winter has been really bad because cold air makes it had for her to breath. She is also in her 70's. BUT SHE QUIT TWO YEARS AGO. She had a rough time because she had smoked since she was in her teens. But she is one of the reasons I quit. When I looked at her I knew in a few years I would probably be in the same shape. Don't give up keep talking to her. I had to use the patch, so maybe it would work for your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers. And don't forget we are X-SMOKERS :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $178.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$229,979.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Cuddles, you have good news all around. I know that it has been a trying time for you and your family. And you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I have this daily calendar and today saying on it is: "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow; it only saps today of its strength." So I will try to remember that myself. Take some time for yourself if its nothing but a bubble bath. Hang tight and I look forward to all your family's quit day. :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$229,979.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Cuddles, you know the way through, you know that you have to have both hands on the wheel. Staying in that place of determined control over our actions is the only way. Stay Strong, keep on posting, keep letting the frustration and anger and sadness and grief out in this forum. Keep letting your playful and creative self thrive here in this forum and in any other place you can find. You are a very strong and resolute person. Keep following true to your path. Big Big Hugs. There no others that can bring up the depth of emotion that our loved ones can. More Big Big Hugs. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry to hear that Cuddles. Just be strong dear and hang in there. The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, WOW what a post!!! I too have Emphysema and it is not easy. My breathing is easier now and I can do more things than I could before. I still have times when I must stop and pant but that is when I push myself too hard. I just have to realize that there is some damage that was done that I cannot undo and go on with my NON SMOKING life. You are in insperation! Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: