Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Emphysema

17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump - Reasons I want to quit and stay quit Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC support Team.
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I am sorry to hear about your mothers health. Stay strong, we are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie ___________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I am in the same boat with my mom.. She has COPD and continues to smoke. I am not going to let that happen to me. I have to do everything for her. By the time we get to the grocery store, by the first isle she is winded and wants to go home. We used to spend many hours shopping together and now, I can barely get her into the store. I have a 16 year old daughter who also smokes. I am determined not to continue to pass down this legacy. So, now that I quit, I am making her smoke outside. It's not easy because here in Houston, it's very hot outside and full of mosquitos in the evenings. I feel like a meany mommy, but you know what, she has only smoked three packs in 5 days and she is starting to say things like, "well mom, if you can go this long, maybe I can to". I am going to let her come to her own conclusion. And I guess that is the same thing we have to do with our mothers. They will come to thier own conclusions one way or another, and we need to be good examples for them. My mom also smokes right in front of me, and even in my car! I can't beleive I can keep going sometimes! I am so much stronger than I ever thought I could be! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$74,934.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 19

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My mom has COPD and still smokes along with me. That is one of the reasons that I am going to quit. All my family has died early of a smoking related thing. Because we are American Indian, smoking is a part of our culture. I am determined to stop this cycle and I think my kids will see that if I can do it they certainly can. I really don't want to have the COPD, it is really misable. My mom was such a strong independant woman and now, I have to do everything for her. Just walking across to room exhausts her. I don't want my kids to be burdened with me and I also want to be able to play with my grandkids. Lets stop the cycle!
  • Quit Meter

$74,934.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 19

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Mother has emphysema. She has never smoked. It makes me sad when I think about it. My Mom likes to not wear her oxygen mask. Isn't that special? It is frustrating when we see our loved ones not taking care of themselves. Don't they know we love them and that we don't want them to leave us any sooner than they have to??!!! I understand how you feel and my heart goes out to you. Smoking won't take away the hurt though. Try a hug instead. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Animation23.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 743 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$54,498.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 17

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles ... [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/thinking20of20you20frog.gif[/IMG] Hope you are doing ok today, Breaking Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,498.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 17

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, Sorry to hear your having a hard time with your mom but it's nice to see your keeping strong. In behavior modification, (the discipline in psychology on which this program is based) they say the key determinant of success is motivation. Hopefully, she'll be able to find some of that by watching you through your quit. Danielle __________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, Sorry to hear about your mother. I wish her and you all the best. I really think that you will be successful; your post has a kind of calm determination which convinces me that you will quit for good. Take care and thanks for all your messages of support.. Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �847.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, You're a rock. You understand what is going on with your mom and love her anyway, even though she is smoking. I know you will try to encourage her to find the strength you have and be there for her. Stay strong, you gotta a lot of love over here - so take good care of yourself. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: