Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

TOP 10 SIGNS OF SSC ADDICTION

18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
#32 You wake up in the morniung and check SSC post BEFORE you pour that 1st cup of coffee. #33 You wake up in a cold sweat because you were dreaming of smoking and immediately post your dream to SSC. My name is Tony and I am an SSC-aholic :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 602 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
#17 You consider SSC people as your best friends, people who really care and want to help Cuddles Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GREAT! one more: You stand up to go to the bathroom and sand comes out of your shoes.....scary, eh? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol!~I hear that. I need 2number Janet's for her... #35 You reward yourself for NOT checking in EVERY day! -- I tell ya, it's funny what sticks with ya. Yesterday I kept getN this mental image of kenoqueens #25 (people in neck braces to keep their heads upright in order to keep reading~lol) p.s. amen 2addictions that SAVE our lives Lolly :) Keep'em Come'N [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,646 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
[b] TOP 10 SIGNS THAT YOU HAVE BECOME ADDICTED TO THE SSC [/b] [color=blue] 10. You wake up at 3a.m. to go to the bathroom, and check to see if anyone has posted on the way back to bed. 9. Your first born is named Josie, Casey or Melanie. 8. You turn off your modem and are suddenly filled with a feeling of emptiness, as if you just had to put your loyal pet to sleep. 7. You spend part of your PC time telling your child �stop tugging honey, I�m REALLY busy right now!� 6. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access. 5. You find yourself typing �a little face� after every period. ;) 4. You not only believe there is a beach and villas near here. You�ve been there! 3. You NEVER forget to include YOUR meter in YOUR posts. 2. You refer to going to the bathroom as �a break from the SSC�. [b] DRUM ROLL PLEASE AND THE NO. 1 SIGN THAT YOU ARE ADDICTED TO THE SSC: [/b] 1. Immediately after reading this post, you reply. (or you don�t) [/color] ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $815 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
lol@y'all Tks Casey~it's good 2be back. Good ones Lady! ~Sure, 'everyone' feel free to add to the list! :) big grin@Duffis Missyfit! Longtime no see *hugz* U [i]could[/i] have another ;) ha! -- I'll Be Back Later~I gotta jump out my kid is tugN! :mad: :p -- ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $815 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
[img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/70/thinking5sr.gif[/img] Hmmmmmmmmmm, YES Silver that uh, well that IS scarey!~lol... and bfs, well..let's just say U.... were my Nspiration! ;) Yeah that's the ticket. ;p The additions are FUNNY~Keep'em ComeN! Hey Shevie~ my first thought is "we need 2be sending U checks for the encouragement!" :gasp: I'm glad U don't charge :):8|: btw~we are pickN a mascot for bfs on her 3 month thread~lol Y'all come (and I'll be back 2morrow 2see what happens :) g'night from the S L O W E S T dial to probably ever surf the beach. I seem to be stuck N da sand again) ~all the best N2k :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $820 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
[img]http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/1585/laughn2ey.gif[/img] U guys are crackN me up! T/Y all for taking the time! PLUS~We are up to 31!?! :8o: Wow! Nice job everyone :) Keep'em ComeN! U make me feel better about my addiction~lol ~all the best, N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I knew I was an ssc-aholic when I started rewarding myself for NOT checking in for several days. As in YESSSS.......I can move on with life as a nonsmoker without my ssc fix. I am glad I caught this post, though. It is a classic!!!! :) NOPE, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,871 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $965 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe not [i]all[/i] addictions are bad... Or, [u]Everything in moderation[/u]... Hmm, Moderators? Care to opine? Anyone? Mc

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: