Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Please help - desperately need support

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is great information, the 100 day blah's! You hang on in there.........you've got 107 days under your belt and you are an ex smoker!!!!!!!!!!! A few days of feeling bad is a bargain in exchange for finally beating the addiction. Get back on the beach and chill. Brent
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OH NO Now I have to worry about the 100 day blahs. Will this never end. Really Kitty I know you are going to be fine. Just do what you've done for the 1st 107 days of your quit and know that this too will pass. After I was sober for about 2 1/2 yrs. all of a sudden I said," gee one small drink would be nice". Well I didn't take that drink, but I sure wanted to. Where the urge came from I'll never know and where it went is another mystery, but I was able to get through that and you and I both will get through this. Keep your quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,705 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $644 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3kittiesrule - You are doing great. Hold onto your quit. I blew mine at 90 days and it really sucks. Now I am starting through hell week again and wishing I would have been strong enough to keep what I had. But no one made me blow it, I did it myself. Stay Strong, you can do it. N.O.P.E. Come on over to the beach, relax and breath and I will make you something good for supper. Ash Kick,in Jokert [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, can't even imagine having the cravings that far into a quit but I guess anything is possible! Just keep in mind why you started the quit in the first place. You have done an awesome job with your quit and you know you really don't want to throw it all away. Use all your coping tools to get past the cravings you're feeling right now...they will go away and you know that. I'm sure you've had a craving or two the past 107 days and you've managed to get past them...you can do it again this time too. We're all here to back you up and help you stay strong...keep reading, posting and holding on to your quit with all your might. You are the only person who can give up the quit...you have to want to hold on to it! N.O.P.E. (remember that!!!) Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi three, what about if you went for a shop (no smoking there), buy a/another 100 day reward (I'm thinking music and a movie), and then you will be both distracted and having a good time when you get home whilst this too passes. That nicodemon is a tricky little dickens. This is his last stand and you will not let him win. Just don't smoke, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 178 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $890 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im too late too tell you about the 100 day crave 3kittiesrule, but Im glad you are over it. Ive heard rumour there is another at the one year mark so watch out ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1075.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there 3kitties: Been there and done that and still craving like mad. It's not easy, but hang tough, we can do this together. Hugs Marilyn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 219 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $985.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3Kitties...no need to apologize. That's what we are here for :) Look at all my whinning posts. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,012 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $700 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3Kittie...been there done that! OMG it sucks like week one. Yep. Perfectly normal. Don't give in. You can beat this. It only lasts a couple of days. Go back to the coping skills of week one. This is like the last really bad part of quitting. You make it through this and you are going to be just fine. You can do it. By the way, the reasons thing really didn't work for me either but the gum, water and peppermint did and so did the reassurance from everyone else that they had been through it too and made it. You can make it too. Congrats on making it to the final stand! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,012 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $700 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3kr, I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time, but come cry on our shoulders... that's what we're here for. I think going out and getting yourself something else for 100 days is in order... even if you already rewarded yourself... you're worth it! I want to make a comment to all of the newbies reading this... yes, the 100 day mark sucks big time, but please don't get discouraged. I had heard about the 100 day blah period and got all scared about it. I really worked myself up over it and freaked out. I too had a rough time right before 100 days, but I worked myself up way too much over it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just know that it's a common trigger and watch out for it... prepare for it, but please don't get discouraged. It passes... just like every other rough time period. Hang on 3kr. You're doing great and you'll make it through this... you know you will. Read and post a lot for the next couple of days if you can. It's sometimes a good distraction if nothing else. You've done a fabulous job and we're all so proud of you. Hold on! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,042 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $267.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: