Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I really want to quit

18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles So good to hear from you. Please don't give up on yourself. You can do this. We are all here to help you make this work. Just keep posting whenever you need to. I'll keep looking for your posts. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $644 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles Now listen and take some real deep breaths. I know as does everyone else how hard this quit thing is. You are at least trying to do this. Think of those out there who won't even give a thought to trying to quit. I was one of those a few months back. You can do this. Remember to just get through the moment when a crave hits you. Do whatever it takes not to light up. Come in here and post whenever you feel like having "just one". Wait for at least 3 responses before you do anything. Another thing I did was go to places where I couldn't smoke such as the library, mall or anywhere it's no smokiing. Are you using any NRTS to help you. You might want to consider those. Good luck my friend. Keep your quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $637 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks BFS. It is easy to find reasons to smoke when I am alone. Making daily commitments on line seems to help me to stay on task. So I started a quit journal thread. Lady gave me the idea, but I think she meant on paper. Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
You are all right I just have to do this. I just threw the rest of them a way, and I am going to do this one day at a time. Thank you for all your support. 1. Smoking makes you smell like an ashtray 2. The chemicals in cig's are poison 3. Smoking can give you cancer 4. Smoking uses up your time for other things 5. The money spent on nic goes up in smoke 6. Smoking takes away your sense of smell 7. Smoking Sucks Here I go I PROMISE NOT TO SMOKE FOR THE REST OF TODAY AND TONIGHT :) Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I really want to quit but I keep blocking it out when I get the urge to smoke, then I light up. Afterwards I feel like s*^+. But I am not going to give up. Just having alot trouble getting started again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I made it through the night, but it was ruff. I was breathing so hard that I got dizzy. now I have to promise mysself not to smoke today. Made the changes in the list below 1. Smoking makes me smell like an ashtray 2. The chemicals in cig's are poison 3. Smoking can give me cancer 4. Smoking uses up my time for other things 5. The money spent on nic goes up in smoke 6. Smoking takes away my sense of smell 7. Smoking Sucks I PROMISE NOT TO SMOKE FOR THE REST OF TODAY AND TONIGHT 1/17/06 Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Not doing to bad, Keep thinking about the rest of the pack I smashed and threw away, so I poured a cup of water over them. Hello Hell Week - I can do this :) Ash Kick'in Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I PROMISE NOT TO SMOKE TODAY Thanks for being here: Silver, Brenna, Vicky is OK and Marylin ASH KICKIN JOKER [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Today was a really long day, I keep thinking about cigs and butts. It seams to be harder the second time around. But I need to win this battle once and for all. Lady, Gaga, BFS, Jess, Josie, Vicky is Ok, Silver, golferman, Tony1023, bogbott, ladybugg, Mintis & Rusty Thanks for your support it really helps. Ash Kick'in Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done cuddles we are here for you girl ;p at least your one preson who is not going to slap me bum when i reach the beach! me and silver marco and kitty will hold a place for you. jan xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,388 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �375.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: