Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

i stink

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
megama, Stay strong, keep with your quit. You are doing a fantastic job. Keep up the great work! Make good use of your coping mechanisms. You can and will succeed!!!! Melanie __________________ __ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
in training my butt!! you are an Ash Kicker!!!! You haven't let it beat you yet becuase your trying again.. Fight it. Like I said, we are hitting that Beach... I'll be damed if my toes aren't in that sand. (i think i have gone onto the "get mad" stage) Stick with me Mega, cause I am still with you!!! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey megama, it's ok, don't beat yourself up. Be pround of your self for trying again. you can do it ash kicker.. we are here for you... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Megama, come on now...don't be down on yourself. Sounds to me you have learned a lot from this little experience. USE IT! Girl, I know you've got what it takes. Keep yourself glued to this site for a while if you need to. Remember how absolutely awful in mind and body you felt after you had those nasty ol cigarettes. Think of what it would taste like to lick the bottom of an ashtray. Just to let you know, last night I was sitting at my pc, reading & posting to the SSC and I got a whiff of something...something nasty. I look over and there is a completely clean ashtray (I cleaned them all) with one measley butt in it (my boyfriend had a smoke the night before while we were fighting). I looked at it, my face smooshed up, and then I picked it up. What do I do next? I put the darn thing right up under my nose! It was the nastiest smell I can remember in a looooong time. Hearing what you went through after having those cigarettes...no way do I ever want to smoke that stuff anymore. Now you too know that those things are gross and nasty and they make us feel worse, not better. Take a deep breath and get yourself back in these trenches with us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I see you reset your quit meter. How long did you smoke for? just a puff or the whole pack? I ask because the last time I saw you post was just recently and wonder just what happened.
  • Quit Meter

$174,385.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 12

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got a pack yesterday and i smoked about 8 cigs.(never could finish a whole one)it tasted really bad an gave me a instant headache... I just got upset and i smoked... I was still upset after and then i felt sick... The rest of the pack got shredded this morning an thrown in the trash... I actually was surprised at how awful the whole ritual was(lighting, inhaling, the burn in my throat, my chest felt like it was going to cave in,almost like the first time i smoked, the smell ect..) i cried like i was throwing out my best friend.. This stop smoking thing has got alot more to it than i expected... I have been reading on this site all day....Im learning Ash-Kicker in training [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks everyone for your support.. I will be hanging REALLY close by
I dont know whats worse. Smoking again or how horrible I feel..Im angry but im also sad. I think putting the cigs down was the easy part, its everything that comes after that im having a hard time with. I want to be a non-smoker more than i want anything else. Im scared i dont have what it takes. Im ashamed that I smoked. Im going to keep on quiting... So here is to hell week all over again. meg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you want to be a non-smoker more than anything then you will be. All you have to do is stop smoking. This realisation hit me like a train when I slipped a few weeks ago. Pick yourself up, dust off the cr@p, and lets get on with it shall we...........don't feel ashamed, just feel determined. You are not giving up anything............just gaining loads. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 256 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't give up! Think about how much effort you have put into this. Think about your health. Think about those you love. Think about those who love you. Think about the reasons you wanted to quit in the first place. Stay positive, keep focused, fight to win, because you CAN do this! Kizzer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $418.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: