Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Girls night out tonight and a little nervous

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
QuitorDie, Wise choice. It's a good idea to get out with your friends. Smokers or not. This is a true test for you and we are all here cheering you on! Stay stong, and remember what Josie has said, take control over any situation and remove yourself when feeling overwhelmed. Have a great night! Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
QuitorDie, my girls night out is tomorrow night some smoke others don't the friend who is hosting our gathering is very proud of my decision to quiting smoking and has set up an area in the garage for those who smoke some of the group drinks others don't I like the thought of just not being pressured to do what don't want to I hope you have the same type of friends who care about you. Have a great time tonight remember you do not need to smoke to have fun you need to be with good friends and laugh till it hurts. Polly :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
quireordoie, it's gonna be tough tonight but I say go and enjoy yourself, you deserve a night out with the girls. Us this as one of your rewards for not smoking and then everytime you think your gonna slip ask your self why are you rewarding yourself for quitting smoking with a cigg!! You can do it. Let us know how you make out. stay strong!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
From this point to the point where you walk through that door (if you decide to go), tell yourself that you will not smoke no matter what. Say it over and over and over. Look yourself in the mirror, repeat it. Believe it, know it. It's a mind game...start warming up that mind before you just jump in the game. You can do it! N O P E [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree... Go out have a great time... Just limit the drinks... You should be fine... Hang strong...DON'T SMOKE!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 183 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Well, My friends and I are having a "girls night" tonight...no kids, no hubbies. I'm looking forward to it but, a little nervous at the same time. Out of the 6 of us, 1 is a heavy smoker, the others are more social smokers and of course I am now a non-smoker and loving it!!!!We will be in an environment where all smokers will have to go outside if they want to smoke which is great and they all know that I have quit smoking which is also great. I told my best friend that under NO circumstances was I to smoke...not even one puff, period. I know I can do this!!! I just hope my cravings don't start coming back full steam again. I'm finally at a point where the cravings are manageable and I don't want to jeopardize my quit...should I go and prove to myself that I don't need to smoke or should I bail out on the evening? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you to everyone who responded to my "dilema"...whatever I decide, whether to go or not, I will NOT smoke tonight or ever for that matter. The friend hosting the gathering is supportive of my quit and fully aware of my concerns so, I'm confident that if I go she would break my fingers if she saw me with a cigarette. Those were actually her words. I'm still mulling it over...I really do want to go because we havent had a girls night in over a year and being a stay at home mom....I need some time away from it all for an evening. I will report back and am positive that I will NOT smoke! Thanks again!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey even though I don't drink can I go with you, lol. I would love to have a girls night out. Only you know if this is a good thing or not for you. I know it is important to socialize and get away from it all sometimes so I tend to say go for it and remember we are watching, lol. Whatever you decide, keep the quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Pen, I too made the assumption that drinking would be involved. Don't ask me why, but it just is what I was thinking. Maybe as a recovering alcoholic that is where my brain goes, who knows. I know a lot of times when "girls night out" is thought of, it's a time to sort of relax with drinks, girlfriends and just good conversation and theres nothing wrong with that. I still do the friends and conversation though. You were very astute to have caught that so quickly. I guess my old brain is just too far gone for that. Don't think anything was meant by it though. I just hope she has a great time if she decides to go out. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,543 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well...since you asked...I think it is awfully early in your quit to go out to an environment where you used to smoke. It is a good thing that the smokers have to go outside, but with a few drinks, your socialization needs go UP, and you may find yourself wanting to go outside with them. Since you asked..............I would bail out for tonight, and look forward to another evening when you are further along in your quit. I know the temptation= especially on your own without the family responsibilities- it is really tempting!! Your decision, that's for sure, but that's my advice! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $767 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: