Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Not liking this one bit

18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hang in there I Quit!!! you can do it.. Everybody here knows what you're going through, it's tough and it's a battle with ourselves. Overcome that darn demon and just say no. Scream if you have to. we are all here for you just don't give up.. 17 Days is awesome and you don't want to go back and live through those first 3 days or 1st week do you??? Fight that urge... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What is wrong with me? I am good in the morning, so so in the afternoon, horrible by 4pm and tonight I chewed so much gum I am going to barf. My gums are bleeding. That darn demon has me convinced I should find a smoke but my stubborness and hope that this is all going to go away one day stops me from getting that smoke but I honestly dont know how long I can last. I started chewing nicorette, that stuff is disgusting but I am so tired of gum, hard candy, water. I have tried to forget about it, convince myself I will die if I smoke, keep myself busy, I dont know what else I can do. I have gained so much weight my new clothes dont fit and I am so uncomfortable in my skin I want to scream. Yikes, I think I need a shrink or maybe a drink. Sorry to put this onto you guys but I dont know what else to do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$174,393.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 20

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I Quit you get the Gold Star for posting and looking for the support you need. Take my word for it Smoking is not a good option. It tasted horrible and the guilt and remorse I had was overwhelming. Also it lasted a lot longer than the craves. You are doing great and you don't want to lose that 17 days. You are through Heck week so it should start getting easier soon. Besides that I am not going to be on here regular like I was last week as my work schedule is insane for the next week and a half so someone has to pick up the slack. I dub you "Sir Slack Picker Upper". It'll keep you busy so hang in there and keep the quit. Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$24,952.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 6

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I Quit............love your nickname......it describes you pefectly. You have come a long way and will go all the way. Luv Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Perhaps you should try the patch instead of the gum? Good luck and hang in there! Kizzer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $411.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I Quit...trust me you are not alone. Most of us went through the same thing in the beginning of our quits. I wanted someone to speed up my quit meter so I would feel better faster! But it doesn't work like that. Remember the moments such as this when you think of smoking again. Let these times be the reason you don't light up because you don't ever want to be here again. Remember: Everyday is one day closer to never feeling this way again. It really does get easier but it is a process. Get the attitude that nothing is going to take this quit from you. You are in control not the nicodemon. You can do this. Try some fruity gum and peppermint. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 195 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $682.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I Quit, I'm not sure how much exercise plays a part of your daily regime, but exercise helped me in several ways. #1 - it took my mind off of cravings. #2 - it helps with the weight thing. That's not to say that I didn't gain weight - I did, but probably not as much as I could have if I didn't exercise. Plus, it REALLY does take your mind off of the cravings for a while. I think you should try it if you don't already. I promise that things will get better. They will. You just have to have faith in that. You are doing something so awesome for yourself... reward yourself for it!!! Don't look at quitting as a self-inflicted punishment... look at it as though it is the best thing that you've ever done for yourself... because it is! So go out and be kind to yourself! You're worth it! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit, Hey there, I hope you made it through last night without going to the 7/11. I think one of the worst things about cravings during BLAH WEEK is that you think you should be over it by now.. is it never going to end?!?! Well no, it doesn't but ... here think of it this way, when you were a kid and you wanted a new toy you thought about it all the time. Sometimes you cried, moped, made a big scene, or were lousy to everyone around you. As time went on you still thought about it and felt bad but you didn't make such a fuss. Finally all those years later you still occasionally think about that toy and what a nice toy it was but that doesn't mean you are desperate for it now. You can be wistful about it but it certainly doesn't rule your life like it once did. Does that help or am I just blathering. Sheller No sticks in 06 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I Quit, i am just a couple days ahead of you and going through the same thing. I'm just so...well...blah...for lack of a better word. Other than the usuals (gum, candy, water, popcorn, water, deep breathing...etc.), here are a couple things i do to keep myself going... I keep telling people that I haven't smoked in almost 3 weeks, just so i can hear them say oh wow you're doing so great...which makes me not want to disappoint them by breaking down. I also keep saying to myself, "self - just go 5 more minutes without one". If you're always going just 5 more minutes without one...well, you get the picture. Lastly, i read and i post. I'm proud of our group (GO BREAKERS!), and i love the SSC... So, I Quit, let's do this together because it's easier than doing it alone. I've got your back! Who said quitters never win? Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I Quit -- I've been on and off the site here lately, so if I'm not caught up with your story and I mis-speak, please forgive me! One thing occurred to me reading your post. Are you quitting cold turkey, or using NRT? If you are quitting cold turkey and only rarely using Nicorette, you are intermittently reintroducing nicotine into your system and thus may be increasing cravings and withdrawal the same way you would if you smoked. If you are using NRT as your quit method, I'd recommend that you use it just the way it's prescribed or according to the package instructions. Seems like lots of folks try to come off of it early and really have rebound cravings and problems as a result. Just a thought to throw out there to ponder.... Hang in there. I think you're doing an awesome job!
  • Quit Meter

$204,367.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5898 Hours: 3

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: