Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

setting myself up for trouble

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

Sounds like you are doing well...but yes...you definitely need to be getting more sleep!
Hang in there, and get to bed!
Keep us posted on how you're doing, and Happy New Year!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
long time no hear from you wildcat! you seem on top of things - good for you. thank you for the picture in my head of me being a kid again living in michigan and sledding down those hills - what fun, miss it. i, too have run into my share of trees, bushes, other sleds, etc. if you have problems with acid - have you eliminated citrus, tomotoes, etc? hang in there and have a deep and restoring sleep......
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, We are cheering for you! Just remember 2 things. first you have firends here and we are lined down that slope ready to help if you need it. and second, a slippery slope is treacherous for ANYONE, so it is not a shame to slip and fall. You just pick yourself up, to the CHEERS of your friends, and ride it out right to the bottom! Good luck! You are in my prayers!
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi gang,

you know how it seems like there are moments when you look down a slippery hill and say to yourself;
it is not so bad I'll be careful and handle it.
Then realise you are sliding down a slope of sheer ice without a hope or a prayer.  surprise! its me again.

crunch time again and here I am at work pushing the limits.  
* I no longer need sleep, only 4 or 5 hours of rest and staring at the clock.  A good mix of sugar and carbs.  -no energy drinks, i learned my lesson I SWEAR!!!-
*I am alert and really managing the stress; I am not letting it get to my head only my digestion.  (i forgot the acid control meds...)
*and the kids are all over. they have invitations to all the cousins to play and sleep over so I do not have to worry about real food... a tim ho sandwich for breakfast and a frozen MM for lunch with a bunch of over ripe fruit and I am good to go...!

But tonite a whole sleep med and early to bed! to break this cycle.

Reading this thread: