Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

miserable black hole

15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,
hang in there----all the office gossip and crap will drive you crazier still, i know, that's why i'm unemployed and becoming unemployable (i think). you probably wear your heart on your sleeve and don't have much of a poker face. the powers that be just want you to work, not think too much, keep your problems to yourself, and do more - more - more - more with less money and less breaks. the powers that be are stupid!
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, when I was first diagnosed I had difficulty on the job.  I was not able to perform the essential functions of my job.  I ask for FMLA, family and medical leave act.  It was granted on a part-time basis.  I live in the US and don't know if this is an option for you, but it is federal law if you do live in the US.   Documentation by physicians is necessary and the way it is written is what afforded me the opportunity to work part-time.  This allowed my doctor's appointments, therapy (on-line or otherwise) and those days I just couldn't go. 

On a more positive note, it sounds like you were doing fine, they upset the apple cart.  You did/are contributing to your work environment.  Office politics SUCKS and it sounds like you have been caught up in it.  I hope you realize that you can't take this personally.  You are not a failure, are contributing, are productive.  I do agree that it is best not to discuss issues at work, but find someone outside of work you can discuss them with (I hope you have a computer at home to continue with us) or at minimum someone you can talk to outside of work!

I hope my information has helped and there is hope - there is always hope.  There is always something to be grateful for...though it's hard to see those things in times of despair.  Hang in there wildcat!  We are here for you!

Hi Wildcat

Sorry to hear about the changes in your work times- that must have put alot of extra stress on you. I just wanted to tell you that you do not need to feel bad for not being a perfect employee. People don't realise just how brave you are to go to work in the morning. They spread rumours because they don't understand the pain you are going through (physical and emotional). Just remember, you have not failed anyone. You are doing your best under the circumstances. If they can't see that, it is their fault not yours. I was also told by one of my superiors that I was not performing properly and wasting the company's money if I am not doing what they are paying me for. I spent most of my days in the bathroom crying. I just couldn't do anything else. So I spoke to my boss and I am not on leave for 3 weeks to try and pull myself together a bit. Just hang in there, and whatever you do, don't let ignorant people make you feel handicapped or betrayed. You are so much stronger than they will ever be.....
that bad day that sort of got better is now a crying weeping I want to die this weekend Friday. I am miserable.  I do not, nor can not challenge - change this pattern.  I am making myself sick with pain -pain and migraines and sleep problems and irritable and stomach things.

There is too much too do at home.  House work is getting the better of me and with cocotte's activites and tiger's activities I am in a bit of a panic. Also the four of us are sharing a little cold virus so we are not at our best and are tired and gurmpy. I took yesterday off.  But to no avail...
There is too much to do at work and to make up for some of it draconian changes are being pushed on me in the name of being fair to others.  Of course, I am being manipulated into feeling like I am a slackard and am being paid for waisting company time when I come to the forum to check in on my emotional state during my morning break and my lunch hour. I waste 6 hours a week. So this premission I have had since 2006 has been revoked as of now.  My work schedule since 2006 was 8:30 to 12:15 and 12:45 to 4:30. This is not accepted office hours so this has been revoked as of the beginning of september and I have to squeeze in to 8am to 12 amd 1 to 4:30.  No lates no flexiblility this is it.  It is to be fair to the rest.  Still there is one in the department who has Her hours which had started as temporary one summer and stayed for the past 7 years...   So miserable as I am -1- i am not going to defy authority and just just going to grin and bear it. "Of course it is not fair to them"   -2-  i am caught like a dear in the headlights of an 18 wheeler; no hope 

I do not take to change well.  And this does not feel like being fair to the others... it is the others complaining behind my back, stabbing me in the back. Plotting to get rid of me ... wanting some one faster, cheeper, smarter,  easily anyone.  Usually evaluations are easy times but this is too much for me. I want off!!

And to top it off I am told to watch what I tell others because they are a gang of closed minded automatons. My task a. My task b. Repete.  And when not in this loop all they do is fall into a rumor mill.  So I am warned that I am to trust no one. Great.  Spend 9 dead hours here of stress and pressure.  Make sure the 7.5 we pay you are extremely well accounted for.

I feel cheep. Like I have cheeted them out of something.  I promised to be a good employee and I was not not.
I feel diminished. Like I am not equal to the rest because I have not contributed my fair share of effort to the work load.
I feel handicappied. Like I do not know how to function within the same rules the others are given.
I feel betrayed. Like I was made welcome long ago and but now am thrown out.

so what do I do? 

Reading this thread: