Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Workout

15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all!
I started again with acquagym and soon I hope I'll start a swimming course. I hope that swimming and not scuba!

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh thanks for the info! Me I do Hatha Yoga. Traditional type yoga. Feels good :)
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just did a little research!

It actually called Bikram yoga!

"A series of yoga poses done in a heated room, promotes sweating, which rids the body of toxins.  It makes the body very warm and therefore more flexible"...try google for a more intense explanation!

Josie, Health Educator
What is hot yoga? I do Hatha Yoga.
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

Good for you for doing yoga!  This is excellent for the mind and body! I read about some new hot yoga that is fantastic as well!

Keep it up!

Josie, Health Educator
Went to my second class of Yoga. Been having a tough time. But the Yoga  helped. It felt so good! I felt a lot better when I got done! SO I intend to try and do some at home too! I am really appreciating the yoga up to now!
Hello Sheba,

I have done Tai chi and it did take me some time to get the hang of it. So yeah it is not everybody's cup of tea. It does feel so complicated and frustrating at first. I have back problems and I did a bit of Karate. The teacher knew about my back problems and it went well.

Yoga is nice too. You can go at your own pace and you do only what you can. I find it less complicated then Tai chi!

Anyway, I think exercise is a very personnal thing! To each his own. I find we all need to find what works for us at any given time. Hope you find a martial art that works for you!
15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometime ago I tried thai chi under the insistences of my boyfriend.... disaster... It seems to me way too colmplicated. After half an hour I ended nerly crying of frustration. So is not for me. Instead I would like to try some other martial art. Something more sportiv but not very aggressive. I will see. I have some back problems too that limit my options.
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,   Such great news to hear you're giving yoga a go!   Please let us know how it goes.         Sarah, Health Educator
Hi guysm did not mean to "ninja" (steal in my hubby's gamer speach) a thread, but I figured what I had to say fit here nicely.

I am really trying to workout. I used to walk a lot but I am unmotivated lately and am having trouble getting around to eat. But last thrusday I joined a yoga class. I also did some yoga at home Friday. Had a tumultuous weekend but decided to get back into it and try and do 30 minutes tonight. Will let you know how it goes!

Reading this thread: