Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

hiding

14 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat?

Where are you.  Haven't seen u around i nawhile

15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi all.

well my back is all muscular ... so I have the green light to seek alternative pain-relief.  Here I come Roberto!

My Stomach, mouth, and bowel are either a stomach heria or reflux problem... so I have to go for the barium meal . "Swallow concentrated pepto-bismol with milk of magnisium and don't throw up while we x-ray your body."  And the Dr asks what's wrong with  the test??!! I told him what I thought of the delicious menu and all he wanted to know was if he sent me and the results... I was 19! the Dr then told me to buy some anti-acids and bye.  It is 17 years later and I still remember the chalk on my tongue !!!   It is JUST as bad as the 3-hr glucose test that pregnant women have to pass... concentrated "crush" syrup! and with morning sickness, try not to kiss-the-porceline-goddess!

I did bring the list of symptomes and I was studying in the waiting room!  and it all went poof when I saw my Dr. 
 I became illiterate and could not find the right paper.  And went with the worst problem the back and digestive problems.
the incontinence will be next time (I have to go back in a month with the test results).
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,

You are absolutely correct in thinking that these symptoms are real and that you are not whining. The doctor will be able to assess your physiological state and will also be able to educate you on the root of some of these symptoms.

It sounds like you have a wide range of symptoms, have you thought about writing these down to prepare yourself for the appointment? Perhaps this will also help your doctor have a better understanding of what you are experiencing on a day-to-day basis.

Keep us updated on how the appointment goes. Good luck!

Sarah, Health Educator
hi.  Okay. I have permission from the psychologist to see the doctor and I am not a whinny baby.
So I have decided to take the morning to go tomorrow.  And am ready to chicken out.  poule-mouillee! big time!

*THe lower back is sore since nov and movement does not make it worse nor better (neither does moving a sofa...) .
*I am still have acidity problems and with the help of the nutritionist I have seen that food is a problem.  And I stuff myself with bread products to feel it less... hence my weight!
*New pain has appeared in my sides, and I am begining to bruise easily.  My daughter's attempt to warm her feet after throwing up half of saturday night has left 3 new blue marks on a leg...
*My tongue is more rough than usual and everything tastes salty! or more like little-cow sodium bicarbonate.
*A big spot under the fold in my belly-fat hurts like the dickens for the past week so a bath is the way to wasy the skin there gently.
*I have a night-time problem problem with incontinence, it is not a proble in the day since I do not drink... prefering dehydryation than an accident like last summer on vacation.
*My repared ankle is stilled riddled with purple veines all over and the dead spots often tingle with pins and needles. and the other foot just hurts.
* I am falling asleep for nothing during the day.  I am not depressed. I am sleeping well other than running! to the toilet at 2 am.  and the psy thinks it might be a b12 problem...

so I have to remember I am not a whouse.  These are real symptomes of something.  And the doctor will not think I am a cry baby wasting his time for a sniffle.

right?
wildcat,

You have brought up a lot of interesting points in your post.

I think you have also given yourself some really great advice. Taking space and time for yourself is often one of the most important factors in ensuring our own well-being. Often our emotions and thoughts can be determined by those around us but by removing yourself from the situation and truly reflecting on how you feel, we can concentrate on ourselves as the top priority.

If you find expressing your thoughts on here helpful, then post away!

Members, any other advice for wildcat on how to deal with the difficulties at the office?

Sarah, Health Educator
enough of this computer things.  I am going around in a circle and I know that all the other times I did something worng and thins time I did it right ... but without my neanderthal to tell me the difference, there is none.  It is all the same as thought the computer had pity and helped me .

I think I would like to get back to the notion of hiding.

There is one male that in in our group.  He is in the pool and one work level above me.  But that does not change the team dynamic really.  Or does it?  I seem reaally conscious of these things, more so than the others.  So I often need the confirmation that what I am doing to their accounts is okay with them.

But regardless if I am speaking english or french, I am not always understood.  Is it me.  My way of speaking and expressing ideas?  Is it my changing moods that makes me somewhat perpetually different, I am faster when hypomanic and S-l-o-w when depressed...  Or when there is that glazed looked coming on... and the whaaa ??? I fall in into the low self-esteem corner and panic!  Am I inarticulate? Have I just said something crazy? Am I talking to the wrong person for this?  Am I in the wrong language and the person will explode?  oh maybe I have something wrong and it detrered their attention?  Or a smell, I stink?  Or ... OR ... OG!!!  It just gets worse.  I like the far away offices that I can e-mail. 

I usually know what I am doing.  I do not have a problem with any of the Ladies nor any of the superiors male noe female. And this one person, has me all tongue tied.  I can barely look into their eyes.  Any I am so jealous that another has such a close office friendship with him.  They laugh about reality shows and about e-mail answers.  So I want to hide.  I want to dissappear from the group as the odd one out.

I am not even included in the quick little jokes.  One girl teased the other, clients are being given the $20 tour so be on your best behaviour.  And me.  I am hopeless and an embarrousment so we will not even bother to laugh about it.  Pretend she does not exist and they will think she belongs to another department, she must with all that paper. 

These as all just me being negative.  Me thinking the worst about myself.  There is no worst critic than me.  And sometimes I am starting to judge others by the high standards I hold for myself.  If it is unreasonable for me why would I extend it? To prove to myself that it is unreasonable?

Maybe hiding is away of needing space and time to extract myself from my life and think.  Time to take pen to paper ... eh ... keyboard to screen and express that which is inside that is bubbling.  Hiding away from my life, away from the stress of the clock and alow myself to drift off into throught.  Answer questions and see where the process leads.
great ... see how the the computer Hates me... the ocelot works.
it is too big (not 100 x 100).

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

I have forward this to the technical department and hopefully we can rectify the problem!

Keep posting!

Josie, Health Educator
the first time I tried the browse to upload a pic I could log on to the site and do the tools but I could not reach the forums.  i kept going back and forth with the techs. They could log on as me to the forums.  but I could not not.  Not from Work not from home.  I had to log on as a new me.  then  weeks later it was solved.  No one told me what it was.
Attempt two and and I say that my pic was not coming on after two days and went back to erase it before i was excluded again. 

It was just a pic of tigre-botte our cat.  oh yea and the sofa.  nothing remarkable.  and I have no mirrors at home so there is no us in the pic.

The copy and paste does not work when I copy a pic and want to paste it into the body of a text message.  I tries the other mouse button, the clip-board button up here, and the clip board on the explorer window.  text is all it takes  the insert image gives me a red circle with a bar when I paste my pic file from the computer.  And that is the only place that I have my jewlry and cat.
wildcat,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with this function. Does an error message appear when you try to upload pictures?

Please be specific as to why this is not working for you!

Sarah, Health Educator

Reading this thread: